Sponsored

Mercedes E350 - No Rattles, unlike the Stang

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Rented an E350 for the week. Decent car and nothing horribly impressive until I realized something. There were absolutely no rattles or squeaks coming from inside the cabin. It was quiet and serene. This was even more impressive with how much quieter the inside of the car is compared to my car.

My mustang has plenty of rattles and eliminating them is my next project. Why can't Ford get the fit on the interior like those Germans?
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
For over $50,000 it better not have a rattle. The Mustang is a cheap car you can get a V6
Mustang for the low $20,000s. You think the GT has panels lined in gold foam? Different classes of cars for different buyers.

Ford and other manufacturers DO need to do more in adding foam and preventing rattles though. Even a cheap entry level vehicle should not have tons of rattles.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Germans are also unreliable shit boxes. Pick your poison

Mercedes is a hell of a lot better than BMW!! :lol::frusty:

OP FWIW I've had to fix a lot of rattles in Mercedes over my career so they can happen. All the rattles in my 2011 Mustang have been attributed to something I did to the car, otherwise it's been stone-cold silent inside.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Mercedes is a hell of a lot better than BMW!! :lol::frusty:

OP FWIW I've had to fix a lot of rattles in Mercedes over my career so they can happen. All the rattles in my 2011 Mustang have been attributed to something I did to the car, otherwise it's been stone-cold silent inside.
yeah but we both know that isn't saying much :lol: better doesn't mean its reliable. :p

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
yeah but we both know that isn't saying much :lol: better doesn't mean its reliable. :p

Hahaha :lol::headbang: but seriously Mercedes has been rock solid for the last 7-8 years or the last two model generations. It feels like BMW is just driving the dagger deeper and deeper into their techs' backs.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Hahaha :lol::headbang: but seriously Mercedes has been rock solid for the last 7-8 years or the last two model generations. It feels like BMW is just driving the dagger deeper and deeper into their techs' backs.
I agree Mercedes is more reliable in comparison to Bmw. What ended up with that shitbox you messaged me about? Porsche 911s from what tech's tell me are pretty solid too.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
I've never noticed any rattles or squeaks coming from my car. I've driven (and owned) plenty of cars that make a whole bucket full of noises when being driven, and this isnt one of them.

OP
OP

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Where can I buy the gold foam? It would be nice if a little more effort was out into the final for and finish.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a 2016 Mazda 6 that completely craps on my Mustang in terms of build quality.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The last thing in the world I want is for Ford to dump a ton of money into making the body on the Mustang perfect. I want a cheap car with a great drive train. You can't get something for nothing. You want the Mustang to have a Mazda 6 drive train? YUCK! You want the Mustang to cost $80,000 HECK NO!

I think Ford is doing a great job. My car is actually nicer inside than I need. I appreciate how nice it is, but I would have been fine with paying a little less and getting a less expensive interior.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I agree Mercedes is more reliable in comparison to Bmw. What ended up with that shitbox you messaged me about? Porsche 911s from what tech's tell me are pretty solid too.

I had a couple shitboxes since we've chatted. The E90 with the no crank needed a starter. The car kept telling me the DME/CAS wasn't allowing start enable like there was an immobilizer issue which threw me off for weeks. Damn BMW!

The one Porsche I worked on was a 981 Cayman that needed a clutch. Tell you what, I'll do clutches on those cars all day long. Had that rear-mounted trans out in like 20-30 minutes. What a breeze to work on!

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
My car is actually nicer inside than I need.
I feel the same way about my 2011. My previous car was a then brand-new Audi A4 that I loved but when I traded it in for the Mustang I didn't miss the interior at all. Just not a priority for me.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I had a couple shitboxes since we've chatted. The E90 with the no crank needed a starter. The car kept telling me the DME/CAS wasn't allowing start enable like there was an immobilizer issue which threw me off for weeks. Damn BMW!

The one Porsche I worked on was a 981 Cayman that needed a clutch. Tell you what, I'll do clutches on those cars all day long. Had that rear-mounted trans out in like 20-30 minutes. What a breeze to work on!
I was thinking about the one that was having what seemed to be vanos issues. Was it indeed the solenoid?

A Porsche 911 is one of the extremely few German cars I'd actually consider buying if I wanted German.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I feel the same way about my 2011. My previous car was a then brand-new Audi A4 that I loved but when I traded it in for the Mustang I didn't miss the interior at all. Just not a priority for me.
I liked the interior on my 2011 GT as well. It was the base interior and IMO it was fine.
Sponsored