Sponsored

Help Needed: Mustang GT Fastback Bought for son

juventuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Hi Guys, Im from australia & recently purchased a Mustang GT Fastback in magnetic colour for my son (as hes going through some serious health issues).

Mustang is one of his favourite looking cars, so I decided to.buy him somthing to cheer him up. Hes still young 22years old and loves the Mustang.

Im not really a car guy, though I appreciate nice looking cars like the Mustang.

His car hasnt arrived yet but what I would like to do is add some extras for the exterior. Im considering 3 of the following:

1) Matte black hood decal

2) Hood scoops,

3) Hood vents scoop - Hood vent decal matte black

4) Side scoops

The point if this post and what I need help with is some advice on what combination of the above extras would look good.

For eg I dont know if getting a hood scoop, hood vent scoop and side scoop is too much. Am open to ideas, suggestions and advice.

Thanks
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
At 22 I had a 1997 Nissan Altima with a half stolen stereo system and a beat up front end... lucky kid.

OP
OP

juventuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
At 22 I had a 1997 Nissan Altima with a half stolen stereo system and a beat up front end... lucky kid.
I had neither, hes going through a very serious health situation hence the big gift, I dont want to elaborate on it but the outlook is bleak

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
First of all I'm sorry to hear about your son. Prayers for him and your family.

As for the Mustang, I think that less is more for these cars. They look so good to begin with that adding too much can really mess them up. I would keep the extras to a minimum. Of course this is just my opinion and everyone has one of those.

Any ideas what hood scoops, etc you are considering? It may help others help you.

Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Sorry for what is all going on :(

But honestly I like to surf the photos section in the color I want/have and look at what everyone has done. Browse through the 1293812309 pages and ask questions or take note of which parts they are that you like. Take a look at the Magnetic photo thread here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7909

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You should put cat back exhaust first! It's not fun to drive around with stock exhaust. You can find nice used one for very cheap.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hi Guys, Im from australia & recently purchased a Mustang GT Fastback in magnetic colour for my son (as hes going through some serious health issues).

Mustang is one of his favourite looking cars, so I decided to.buy him somthing to cheer him up. Hes still young 22years old and loves the Mustang.

Im not really a car guy, though I appreciate nice looking cars like the Mustang.

His car hasnt arrived yet but what I would like to do is add some extras for the exterior. Im considering 3 of the following:

1) Matte black hood decal

2) Hood scoops,

3) Hood vents scoop - Hood vent decal matte black

4) Side scoops

The point if this post and what I need help with is some advice on what combination of the above extras would look good.

For eg I dont know if getting a hood scoop, hood vent scoop and side scoop is too much. Am open to ideas, suggestions and advice.

Thanks
Generally "good look" is highly subjective. Since it will be his car, I would suggest letting him modify it they way he think it will look good - which might be vastly different than yours.

If I got a Mustang with some useless side scoops, it would be first thing I would remove... (but that's me - subjective)

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
Generally "good look" is highly subjective. Since it will be his car, I would suggest letting him modify it they way he think it will look good - which might be vastly different than yours.

If I got a Mustang with some useless side scoops, it would be first thing I would remove... (but that's me - subjective)
I agree with this. Non-Functional scoops of any kind have always bothered me. That is my opinion though, and yours is different. Just like your opinion of what looks good could be different than your sons.

How about give him the mustang and then tell him he has x amount of money to spend on a mod(s) of his choice.

Hoping everything turns out alright with his health issues.

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Best wished to you and your family....

Sometimes less is more. Keep it simple, the car itself makes a statement. make it sound mean with a nice set of wheels, and a mean stance will definitely set it off.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Lowering springs and wheels are the biggest changes you can do to the appearance. It makes such a big difference. The rest is just minor changes. I'm one of those who thinks less is more. You start breaking the lines and flow of the car up when you add more parts/decals/vents/spoilers. I would do those 2 things then let him decide on the rest. Good luck.

OP
OP

juventuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Thanks for the reply guys. Its true what looks good is very subjective. Ive included some pictures of great looking examples Ive found below
1.jpg
1 1.jpeg
2.jpg
1 3.jpg
1 4.jpg
1 5.jpg
1 6.jpg
1 7.jpg
1 8.jpeg
1 9.jpeg

OP
OP

juventuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I will be using all the pictures in the past 2 posts as examples to pick from.

Im just not sure if Hood scoops, hood vent scoops and side scoops are a little too much:eek:
1 10.jpg
1 11.png

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
Really sorry to hear what's going on with your boy. My 9 month old son is my only child and I can't comprehend what you must be going through.

Your family is in my prayers.

As for the car I say give him a budget and let him figure out what Mods he will enjoy the most.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I wouldn't do anything to it. Leave it as a blank slate for you two to work on together, even if that is just the small cosmetic things. My best to you and your family.
Sponsored