Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
What happens when you peel off the wrap after it starts fading in 5 years? Will your paint be ok?

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
What happens when you peel off the wrap after it starts fading in 5 years? Will your paint be ok?
Yep! Paint will look like it did when you put the wrap on. Quick detail and good as new.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Damn, pretty hefty price. How long does a wrap usually last? I just wanna use it as a way to protect the factory paint, and get a special look. I was thinking of plastidip, but I don't know if I want that texture, and how much work involved in DIY. All of that sticky texture could have an adverse effect on fuel economy and what have you. Thanks for the page! :)
All my cars were wrapped for that exact reason. For the price people are charging for paint protection films I was like... I might as well wrap it something different. They are doing some crazy stuff with plastidip now. Mixing it with pearls and gloss. Looks identical to paint. Check out this company called kppigments. Vinyl wraps Should last you a couple of years.

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
As long as you use a reputable brand: 3m, Avery, hexis you will be fine. Some of the crappier brands leave glue residue and is a pain to remove. But the ones I listed are good. Also most vinyl shops won't wrap your car of its newly painted. They'll tell you to wait a few months

Sponsored

Raoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Audi a4, 2015 Mustang GT
All my cars were wrapped for that exact reason. For the price people are charging for paint protection films I was like... I might as well wrap it something different. They are doing some crazy stuff with plastidip now. Mixing it with pearls and gloss. Looks identical to paint. Check out this company called kppigments. Vinyl wraps Should last you a couple of years.
Yeah! I saw some of the crazy things plastidip can do now a days. But I am under the impression that it still feels like a rubber feeling when you touch the car, rather than nice and smooth to the touch. And it seems like a fairly time consuming process to actually do it properly DIY, and having it done at a plastidip place seems like it might cost almost as much as a wrap anyway.

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
What happens if you get a rock chip in the wrap? Do you have to replace the whole panel?

OP
OP
kkakonn

kkakonn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What happens if you get a rock chip in the wrap? Do you have to replace the whole panel?
Unfortunately yes. I've heard of some people wrapping their vulnerable parts with 1 foot panels of vinyl for this reason but I would think you would be able to see the seams where they meet. The plus side is, if you get a chip you just need to replace one square of vinyl.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
giphy.gif

Kiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Their a saying "Only in America" the rest of the western world has better taste on colour.

Last edited:

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
I think the bigger question is why pay $10,000 for a body kit that costs half that if you buy it from Roush's website. Whatever though, to each his own.
Do you seriously spend every day looking for roush owner posts so you can bitch & cry about how OTHER people spend THEIR money? This is the third thread I've seen you bring this up. Take your whining negativity else where, you've already been warned by the moderators.

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Do you seriously spend every day looking for roush owner posts so you can bitch & cry about how OTHER people spend THEIR money? This is the third thread I've seen you bring this up. Take your whining negativity else where, you've already been warned by the moderators.
Warned by the moderators for what post? No one has ever warned me for any of my many posts and if they have then it was the most ineffective warning ever seeing as I never received it.

How about you get a few more posts before shedding all those tear drops next time.
Sponsored