Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mule? Front Gills/Louvers

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
They seem to be wanting to stick to EcoBoost and their turbo line up, so make it the EcoBeast!
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It has always been Fords intention on camouflaging the GT500 from the media just like the FGT. As stated about 18 months ago, the Ecoboost has ALWAYS been slated for the GT500, as far back as 2014.

However, Ford has been testing Supercharger options, thePill believes these programs were ONLY used from Ford Racing/Roush as a benchmark for their Twin/BiT Ecoboost system. Although, IF Ford can deliver a SC Coyote as a GT Package (Mach 1 Drag Pack) making 625-650hp at a $49,995 MSRP, I doubt anyone will complain.

Ford could intend for a Mach 1 GT Package to contend with Chevy's ZL1. That's how you answer a parts bin car, package car... with a parts bin, package car of your own.

In fact, once the Engine builder from Romeo let slip the details late 2015, the engine was pretty much complete. Yes, trust Car and Driver, their original report was correct (same people that reported the Voodoo). Then again, they are t wrong about a potential SC GT coming at a very low price... but it is not a GT500. That information would conflict with the info they already received from a credible source ;)

Nope... just like the media, we need to play Fords game and they are difficult to bust in the act. Chevy does ALL of their own spy photos... kinda lame if you ask thePill, probably how they plan on making profit :lol:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I know one thing is for certain.

Unless the enthusiast in Arizona/Colorado area DO NOT catch the cars out and about, we will need to be patient. Ford has an ear to the ground like no other manufacturer :(

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I don't see any way that a SC/5.0 (mach1) sells for 50k. I guess closer to 60, right in line with the ZL1. I do hope they then produce a TT halo car.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
The Pill knows one thing is for certain.

Unless the enthusiast in Arizona/Colorado area DO NOT catch the cars out and about, we will need to be patient. Ford has an ear to the ground like no other manufacturer :(
Fixed that for you.

Man, I hope The Pill is right.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Not likely with its 100mm bore spacing. Assuming the voodoos 94mm bore is maxed, the stroke would have to be 104mm to reach 5.77 liters.

MMR and I believe RGR/JPC both have built 5.8 Coyotes. MMR used their billet block, not sure about the RGR/JPC engine.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Is there a reason they couldn't/wouldn't use a slightly destroked FPC, that is forged and lower compression ratio with a TT set up?

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Yes... the FPC is not a good boosting platform for torque and pure power. It works on 20-40k mile planned Ferrari platforms but not in a Ford Mustang which will get slapped harder, modded weekly, and put up wet than any other tuner car in the world.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Yes... the FPC is not a good boosting platform for torque and pure power. It works on 20-40k mile planned Ferrari platforms but not in a Ford Mustang which will get slapped harder, modded weekly, and put up wet than any other tuner car in the world.
Is there a reason for that specifically? I know the FPC doesn't make great low-end torque and power. I definitely would rather have a CPC TT if it's going to make much more linear power.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I hope it's not FPC. Don't want it shaking itself apart. Voodoo is bad enough.
I'd like a 5.2 CPC with TT...if we're not getting a 7.0. Haha.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Is there a reason for that specifically? I know the FPC doesn't make great low-end torque and power. I definitely would rather have a CPC TT if it's going to make much more linear power.
Even though the FPC is more efficient in its use of fuel and air (that is mainly in FPC setups with dual air intakes, and Ford won't do that for cost reasons), the CPC is more dependable with boosting.