2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 21 - AmericanMuscle - 2
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > Technical Subforums > I4 2.3L EcoBoost Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning

I4 2.3L EcoBoost Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning Discussions of the inline-4 cylinder 2.3L turbo EcoBoost engine and engine/exhaust/bolt-on modifications.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #91
Ebm

Name: Drew
Drives: '16. Eco
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakStang View Post
Drew, what is the code for that on Forscan? Is it ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx (0 instead of 1)? Does it disable the active noise cancellation or the sound symposer?
Yes, a 0 instead of a 1. When I turned mine off, I may have left the radio on. I heard a pop from the stereo signaling the noise cancelation is turned off. Directly after that, I heard what sounded like something motorized that was closing.

After I turned it off, less drone from the exhaust. I think the noise cancelation feature makes aftermarket exhausts resonate.
Ebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #92
MakStang

Name: Makis
Drives: 2017 Mustang EcoBoost Automatic
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanks Drew.

I have no issues with the exhaust itself. I just think it's better to deactivate the ANC through Forscan, because I ve been told that there is not just one, but two mics: one located under the headliner and another one located in the dome light box. We all have only disconnected the first one, but the other one is still connected and we cannot disconnect it because it is important for other functions as well.

So the deactivation of the ANC through Forscan seems more effective.
Shelby Cobra style side rocker decals
www.cellentis.uk ::: Regenerative Biotechnology
MakStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #93
sauerkraut

Name: Justin
Drives: S550 EcoBeast
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Or maybe I just got deaf over time

Seriously though, it gets better. @duanbo if after a while you feel that it is still loud in the cabin, some people have suggested adding a resonator. I wouldn't do it, but it could be a solution if drone annoys you.
Could be
I think it gets better just as you get used to it. I struggled for a long time taking it on and off because the drone drove me nuts. Now, I could care less and love the sound of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangchief View Post
Have the MBRP "Street" catback and I don't think it is loud at all. Two things, does anyone know how much difference there is between the Race and Street? Does anyone have the Race version that they would want to sell just the exhaust (muffler?) portion so I can switch them out?
There is about a 20% volume difference, that's it (no difference in the sound itself).
Old 04-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #94
MakStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebm View Post
Yes, a 0 instead of a 1. When I turned mine off, I may have left the radio on. I heard a pop from the stereo signaling the noise cancelation is turned off. Directly after that, I heard what sounded like something motorized that was closing.

After I turned it off, less drone from the exhaust. I think the noise cancelation feature makes aftermarket exhausts resonate.
Actually on my car the current code for module 727-01-01 (active noise cancellation) is 9C50 BA00 441A. Do I change that to 9C50 B000 441A? Or like @Retroflect said in post 1341 of the "Modifying As-Built Data Guide" thread I have to subtract 2 from A, which would make it an 8 and therefore the code would be 9C50 B800 441A?

I am a bit lost

Last edited by MakStang; 04-25-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #95
jasonstang

Drives: 2017 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busser48 View Post
Whoa whoa, I never said they don't exsist, you brought up tsb so I said we were talking specifically about cabin noise, I was just clarifying what u meant. Second, yes shit can rattle if you have change, metal, bad roads, so on so forth, and if nitpicking those things is the worst, that's great!!! Sorry you have issues, I got lucky Soending the extra $$$$
If your interior doesn't rattle, your exhaust is not loud enough.
With my Solo Street Race, I hear all kinds of rattle at different rpms.
jasonstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #96
Ebm

Name: Drew
Drives: '16. Eco
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Actually on my car the current code for module 727-01-01 (active noise cancellation) is 9C50 BA00 441A. Do I change that to 9C50 B000 441A? Or like @Retroflect said in post 1341 of the "Modifying As-Built Data Guide" thread I have to subtract 2 from A, which would make it an 8 and therefore the code would be 9C50 B800 441A?

I am a bit lost
I'll check what I have when I get home.
Ebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 04-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #97
MakStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebm View Post
I'll check what I have when I get home.
Thanks Drew, no need to do that. I got my answer in the Modify As-Built Data thread. It's actually A-2=8. Will try that tomorrow (just received my adapter)!
Old Yesterday, 12:14 PM   #98
MakStang

A couple of weeks ago, I read somewhere that there is not just one, but two mics that are part of the active noise cancellation. Most of us have only disconnected the one located under the headliner. There is another one located inside the map light box, but this mic seems to be important for other functions as well, so I guess it should not be disconnected.

I decided to use FORSCAN to deactivate the active noise cancellation (ACM module 727-01-01). By doing this, the ANC is completely disabled. The sound of the MBRP Race Exhausts is much, MUCH better now. Drone never bothered me, as I wanted a loud exhaust system, but without the ANC it's now more quiet inside the cabin and the sound of the exhausts is a "raw", pure growl. So, for those of you who cannot tolerate drone, I can confirm that drone is almost gone (however do not forget that on WOT this is a loud race exhaust).

Also - and this is not simply my idea - the sound system sounds definitely better.

I suggest that you give it a try, it's worth it. To avoid buying an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter for use with FORSCAN, you can buy a USB adapter such as the one I bought on Ebay. It works perfectly with FORSCAN, as it can read and write HS and MS-CAN modules:

ELM327 USB modified for Ford ELMconfig FTDI chip HSCAN / MSCAN Forscan OBD2
http://r.ebay.com/RvUL6k

Last edited by MakStang; Today at 05:22 AM.

Tags
exhaust , mbrp , race , review