Sponsored

Trending on /r/cars: 2019 Shelby GT500 to receive Ford's new N/A 7.0L V8 w/ DI

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
All Ford needs to do is add two cylinders and make the 3.5 TT a V-8.
A 4.7 liter V-8 that makes 865hp on 91-93 octane.
Or build a Ecoboost Style Voodoo based 5.2 engine.
That sounds great but I'm starting to believe the rumour that there won't be a TT V8 due to lack of space.

The 5.2, though, represents a great deal of efficiency so adding any sort of boost to it will return great results. Turbo is ideal but imagine boost @ 8000rpm!
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I just completed reading all the information I could find about the 2018 Challenger Hellcat Demon. All the information about the Demon made me feel weak in the knees. I think Ford needs to supercharge the new 7.0 liter V8 as soon as it becomes available and stuff it into the Mustang. If the super charger is too big and tall, Ford could build a lightweight lift off hood like the six pack Dodge Charger had in 1969.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I just completed reading all the information I could find about the 2018 Challenger Hellcat Demon. All the information about the Demon made me feel weak in the knees. I think Ford needs to supercharge the new 7.0 liter V8 as soon as it becomes available and stuff it into the Mustang. If the super charger is too big and tall, Ford could build a lightweight lift off hood like the six pack Dodge Charger had in 1969.
I like the way you think. :headbang:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I do not believe any 7 liter V8 is Mustang bound any time soon. Although, we are hoping for a limited run of the Cobra Roadster.

That's kinda what Mrs. Pill is saving Mr. Pills $$$ for.

2 seats, 3 kids, oh well :lol:

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
If Ford doesn't put a 7l V8 in the S550 or S650 I'm swapping one in to mine. The idea of that engine in this car is too good to resist

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
OMG GUYS I HEARDZ THE NEW GT5000ZZZ WILL GET A 7.0 LITER WITH AWD, DCT, DRS, PUSH TO PASS, ENGINEBLOGK HEATERS, TIREW ARMERS, CARBON FIBER BREAKS, LOSS 600 POUNDS, AND COME WITH DRAG RADIALS THAT WORK IN RAIN AND CAN TURN!!! IT'S GOING TO COST 65000 BUT THATS OK LOL

Like seriously, guys. This is how you sound.

JR

This guy just summarized my feelings reading all 14 pages of this thread

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I heard from a decent source that the new halo Mustang (not to be named GT500) will be a SC 5.2L Voodoo, less the flat plane crankshaft. No HP numbers, but a show debut date around the beginning of 2018. Take it for what its worth. :shrug:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I heard from a decent source that the new halo Mustang (not to be named GT500) will be a SC 5.2L Voodoo, less the flat plane crankshaft. No HP numbers, but a show debut date around the beginning of 2018. Take it for what its worth. :shrug:
There is at least one reliable source on here that has suggested exactly that

:thumbsup:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I would have sworn up and down that a TT V8 fitment would have been pre-determined/engineered when they designed the S550, being that Ford was going the way of the eco-boost moniker, unless they just thought the V6 TT is what they would use.
It really deflated my desire for the car. Oh well, we can't always get what we want.
It may sway me away from this offering, but either way, I'm sure it will be a beast and sell well.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
With a 2.65L TVS blower..... ;)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I would have sworn up and down that a TT V8 fitment would have been pre-determined/engineered when they designed the S550, being that Ford was going the way of the eco-boost moniker, unless they just thought the V6 TT is what they would use.
It really deflated my desire for the car. Oh well, we can't always get what we want.
It may sway me away from this offering, but either way, I'm sure it will be a beast and sell well.

Feels like a let down too me. All the wait and it sounds like a glorified Roush....

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Man if this would be true I will just buy a gt350 but either way I'll keep saving until I know for sure.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
To me it just seems odd that they would wait this long to roll out a GT500 successor if all they were gonna do is put out a SC V8. I mean it's not like they haven't been putting them out since 2003.

Now if they were gonna come out with a TT or a large N/A or use electric motors to power the front wheels I can see the reason it would take them longer to roll something out, but a SC V8?? :shrug:
Sponsored