Sponsored

Just a nice little 30 minute drive today.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Pretty nice day out. Had a good bit of rain last night and by the looks of today aside from water spots all over the car to undo my weekend washing, you couldn't even tell that the weather passed through here. I don't really have any big Memorial Day plans, but I thought it'd be nice to enjoy a little drive up and down the curvy roads of Ogden Canyon out here and stop at an overlook to take a few pics of a dirty car anyways lol.
2016-05-30 08.54.19.jpg
2016-05-30 08.47.11.jpg
2016-05-30 08.47.15.jpg
2016-05-30 08.47.30.jpg
2016-05-30 08.48.01.jpg
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
nice scenery. gives me a couple ideas for my own mountain cruises.

OP
OP
ForTheHordeKT

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I never even bothered to appreciate the fact this canyon was right here 15 minutes away from home until some relatives came out here to this state the other year for a visit and rented a little cabin there to stay the week at.

Really makes me want to get my vacation time locked in at work now and take my drive out to CA. I was living up in the Sierras for my last few years out there at Bass Lake, not too far from Yosemite. Really want to cruise around out in that neck of the woods again now that I have something I enjoy driving.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I'd like to drive that angeles canyon the guy on thesmokingtire youtube page does. It looks like a blast.

I have good drives around here though. Hawk's Nest is nothing but curves, and red river gorge scenic byway. and then my wife's hometown is accessed by a road along nothing but horse farms and i've seen it in a national top 10 list.

I see everything differently now that I'm a sportscar owner. I HATED the hawk's nest drive in our acadia, and my poor wife laid in the back seat if I recall correctly. the views are unparalleled though.

OP
OP
ForTheHordeKT

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow, that does look like a blast. I had a little twinge of recognition and had to go googlemaps that lol. I've never been on that road, but those southern california hills all look pretty damn similar lol. I wasn't too far from out in that area at one point in my life, though I was living out of Valencia.

Yeah, driving is definitely different in a sports car. I think for me right now, I'm loving just getting out and hitting the road more than ever because after 11 years I'm back in a manual. Even in my '06 GT, it was an automatic and sure I had a big ol' grin on my face the day I test drove it and during the few weeks I took it home. But in this car, I'm just straight up having a blast. I never found this many lame little excuses to go take the '06 out for a drive.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I'd like to drive that angeles canyon the guy on thesmokingtire youtube page does. It looks like a blast.

I have good drives around here though. Hawk's Nest is nothing but curves, and red river gorge scenic byway. and then my wife's hometown is accessed by a road along nothing but horse farms and i've seen it in a national top 10 list.

I see everything differently now that I'm a sportscar owner. I HATED the hawk's nest drive in our acadia, and my poor wife laid in the back seat if I recall correctly. the views are unparalleled though.
I've lived here for 12 years and only recently "discovered" all the roads with twists and turns. How many times did I drive these routes in a truck and never thought about how much fun they would be in a sportscar? These days I take the long way to work. ;)

The world is definitely richer in a Mustang.