rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
So I have a question for those that have done the MFT/Sync 3 swap. I am finally going with an OEM Sync 3 but will be doing an updated version of my base bezel modification. My problem is that while I have the faceplate, I sold the backplate with the clips.... So my question is, does anyone have a base bezel that would be willing to let me steal the backplate from?
Are you referring to the part that covers the stereo bezel internals...backing plate whatchamacallit? (sorry, long day for me...mind isn't working anymore)
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Are you referring to the part that covers the stereo bezel internals...backing plate whatchamacallit?
Basically its the plastic cover that is screwed onto the back of the radio bezel that protects the circuit board.

This part! ;)
s-l1600.jpg

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Ah...I doubt I'll be going back to the 4 inch screen in this lifetime.

You're welcome to mine if you wish...just pay for the actual mailing costs. It'll probably fit in a medium sized Priority Mail flat rate box.

Just LMK via PM.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Can Sync 3 be added to a base 15?
Yes it can! OEMRadio is the guy you want to talk to about it. This thread mostly applies but there are a few specific things different like the fact that Sync 3 no longer uses a multimedia module or audio jack.

Sponsored

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Anybody has the harness to make the installation of the MFT/Sync 3 plug & play on a base model?
OEMRADIO has one with his kit. I've contacted him about just selling the wiring harness and he said he may in the future just sell it by itself.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I will.. people are getting mad.. I have sold them in the past.. but I have to do what I have to do to service those that are buying a whole kit from me.. I have very limited access to the parts.. Min order Quantity is in the thousands for some connectors.. that would be $4-7k for one connector and I would NEVER sell all of that.. I have the harness at a plant being made.. and I am having 100 made.. they were in contact yesterday finalizing a couple questions they had.. should have a sample in a week or so.. after I give the go Ill have a 100 pretty quick after that..

I am not trying to blow anyone off or lock the market down.. I am just having to do what I have to do for me.. I am a business.. I do this for my only income.. I don't work somewhere during the day and do this at night.. this is all I do.. my sole focus.. so if I mess up Ill be gone..

I am someone that actually tries to develop things you guys want.. forever it was people wanted a plug and play upgrade.. I made it.. people wanted an audio harness and audio solution.. I made it.. people want a programmer.. I partnered with a company so I can provide it.. I am the only business that is as involved with the forums as i am and actually listen to what you want and make it..

I am just asking for patience on this stuff.. I am one guy that doesn't have a lot of money... I have none to be truthful.. so I am doing what I do and I don't know how I do it.. other than the people that do support and do buy from me.. thats why I treat everyone the best I can.. because I value everyone from the guy that buys $40 item to the $3000 kit..

I am posting this in hopes that the people that are angry at me for not selling a harness to you can realize I am not trying to be a DB.. I just cant..

Daver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Conv Magnetic 51a
I will.. people are getting mad.. I have sold them in the past.. but I have to do what I have to do to service those that are buying a whole kit from me.. I have very limited access to the parts.. Min order Quantity is in the thousands for some connectors.. that would be $4-7k for one connector and I would NEVER sell all of that.. I have the harness at a plant being made.. and I am having 100 made.. they were in contact yesterday finalizing a couple questions they had.. should have a sample in a week or so.. after I give the go Ill have a 100 pretty quick after that..

I am not trying to blow anyone off or lock the market down.. I am just having to do what I have to do for me.. I am a business.. I do this for my only income.. I don't work somewhere during the day and do this at night.. this is all I do.. my sole focus.. so if I mess up Ill be gone..

I am someone that actually tries to develop things you guys want.. forever it was people wanted a plug and play upgrade.. I made it.. people wanted an audio harness and audio solution.. I made it.. people want a programmer.. I partnered with a company so I can provide it.. I am the only business that is as involved with the forums as i am and actually listen to what you want and make it..

I am just asking for patience on this stuff.. I am one guy that doesn't have a lot of money... I have none to be truthful.. so I am doing what I do and I don't know how I do it.. other than the people that do support and do buy from me.. thats why I treat everyone the best I can.. because I value everyone from the guy that buys $40 item to the $3000 kit..

I am posting this in hopes that the people that are angry at me for not selling a harness to you can realize I am not trying to be a DB.. I just cant..
It’s been 6 months since I completed my install of a SYNC2 upgrade for my 2016 V6. All of the parts were programmed by OEM radio & I was the first guy to get his plug & play harness. I’m by no means a technical guy and I was downright scared to pull my brand new car apart but I wanted this upgrade BAD. Turned out the removal & install was pretty easy & I had it done in a couple of hours, no broken clips, no scratches, no rattles and a perfectly functioning system with the added benefit of climate control (single zone).

Well, after six months and a few thousand miles (we call them kilometers up here in Canada) I could not be more pleased. Everything works flawlessly. I don’t mind SYNC2 one bit but I could migrate to SYNC3 anytime with Jesse’s help, no problem. This guy is as honest & straight up as you will find. He has done a ton of work & helped lots of folks on this forum by putting together a plug & play product that is 100% factory, hell even my dealer is impressed.

Thanks again Jesse & good luck with your business, I wish you every success, you deserve it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Sync 3 is now installed! Big thanks to Jesse [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] for acquiring and programming the unit! I to would certainly recommend contacting Jesse for any of your screen upgrade questions!
IMG_0662.JPG

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
A HUGE thanks to both [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] for helping me with setting up my Sync 3.

Jesse's an honest and a patient guy who answered ALL of my questions instantly - someone give him a medal!

Zack was the one who helped me with the connections - so thank you again! :headbang:

SheStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Oxford White
Thats awesome!!! How difficult was the swap?

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Thats awesome!!! How difficult was the swap?
Actually easier then the MFT swap! Later on today I will be updating this thread with specifics on how to do a sync 3 swap now that I have completed one install.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Second post updated with sync 3 install info!
Sponsored