Sponsored

Just picked up my lightning blue 2017 PP GT. First mods?

OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As for what mods, I would go in the following order:
1. Steeda Clutch spring
2. Exhaust - sound is subjective but can't go wrong with Corsa
3. IRS stabilization so you're putting the power down well and more confidently. BMR CB005 is the one I like best for several reasons

OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
As for what mods, I would go in the following order:
1. Steeda Clutch spring
2. Exhaust - sound is subjective but can't go wrong with Corsa
3. IRS stabilization so you're putting the power down well and more confidently. BMR CB005 is the one I like best for several reasons
Most go with the spring and perch?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Most go with the spring and perch?
No, just get the spring and be careful pulling the stock one out as to not damage it. Steeda offers the perch for people who have broken theirs to the point where they can't use it. You can't get the plastic parts from Ford w/o buying a whole pedal assembly!

OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
No, just get the spring and be careful pulling the stock one out as to not damage it. Steeda offers the perch for people who have broken theirs to the point where they can't use it. You can't get the plastic parts from Ford w/o buying a whole pedal assembly!
WOW! Good info, thank you

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
BG Synchromesh in your transmission.

A Lund or Bama tune.

Doesn't really need anything else.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Any particular reason you went with UPR? Had my eye on JLT
After reading a lot of threads, I went with the catch can that was further away from the engine. I didn't want the floating one close by. From what I read and other owners mentioned, it catches quite a bit. It's definitely not the cheapest one, but it's a pretty solid unit. Tight fit too with the Performance Pack but I made it work.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I ended up clipping a slight piece of mine removing the stock spring. Ended up getting the spring perch since it's sturdier. The stock one is definitely very plastic and weak.

Just a heads up, if you do the spring, make sure you rotate it by hand to make the coils easy to get to with needle nose vice grips. I didn't realize it rotated until I tried it. -_-

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Stick with the Steeda clutch spring and BG Syncro Shift II for now. Drive the car for 10,000 miles before you really start doing anything so you can get a decent idea of what you like, don't like, and want to change.

After having dumped money into a car before, I've learned the lesson of "don't fix what ain't broken" the hard, and expensive way. The clutch spring and transmission fluid will definitely improve the driving experience of the car, without costing you much money. Until you turbo it, I'd say these are really all you need. In the months before you turbo it, if you still intend on going that route when the time comes, stock up on your supporting mods then; axles, driveshaft, IRS bushings, BMR CB005, vertical links, MGW shifter, etc.

Also, nice car! :thumbsup:

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
JLT Oil catch can

Sponsored
OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
Stick with the Steeda clutch spring and BG Syncro Shift II for now. Drive the car for 10,000 miles before you really start doing anything so you can get a decent idea of what you like, don't like, and want to change.

After having dumped money into a car before, I've learned the lesson of "don't fix what ain't broken" the hard, and expensive way. The clutch spring and transmission fluid will definitely improve the driving experience of the car, without costing you much money. Until you turbo it, I'd say these are really all you need. In the months before you turbo it, if you still intend on going that route when the time comes, stock up on your supporting mods then; axles, driveshaft, IRS bushings, BMR CB005, vertical links, MGW shifter, etc.

Also, nice car! :thumbsup:

I agree!! That's why I started this thread because I wanted to figure out all the little things before going the big expensive route! Spring, fluid, tint, hood struts, catch can and fluid will be the starting point. Last mustang was an 03 cobra...boy have these cars went a long way. Thanks for the input! And I do love the car so far

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
OP
OP
iSpy

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels

Ocotillo Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Congrats on the pick up!

Small things to consider: all weather floor mats, clutch assist spring, tint, spacers if planning to keep stock wheels, but it all depends on what you want to accomplish with your car.
Spacers?