Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Get the GT350. It spanks the GT on all categories,looks, driving, sound...
Whenever you see one, you will regret not getting it. Not that you'll see one soon.

I have not seen one around MA since I bought mine (other than mine of course).

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Coming from someone in similar shoes, although the GT PP is my only car.

Cars worth about 25k right now, had it over a year and a half, 21k miles, etc. I do not feel the GT350 is worth twice a new GT PP, or now, 140% MORE money than my slightly modded GT.

With all of that said, I still want one, I want to be able to justify one, but I just can't.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I would say the 350 is not a good DD. I'd prefer a Chally HC for a daily or a ZL1. For a special 2nd car (toy), 350 all the way.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I'm about $7k in mods into my GT and planning more. While I do regret not just getting a gt350 and starting with a better base, it's too late and I'm not willing to take a $15k loss on my car.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I had a 16GTPP with full exhaust, flex fuel tune, PMAS, MGW....loved it, but a guard rail ended its life.

So i was faced with a FI GT or a 350....by the time you add a blower or turbos and supporting stuff to the MT-82 car, the price wasn't that far off from sticker on the 350.

Many people on this forum had both cars i was looking at and damn near everyone chose the 350 over the FI GT...

The more i stared at the 350, the more plain the GT looked, and having a newborn at home i figured not having a mustang project and buying the one that's basically a racecar outta the box was a good idea.

TOTALLY different cars, and i attribute most of it to the tranny. Idk if its a lack of low end torque as much as it is a lack of gearing, but you can pull out in front of whoever you wish in this thing and get to highway speeds before you ever have to hit 2nd...you can't do that in the PP car.

Oh, and as per another thread, you need to pop your hood at every other stoplight to check oil levels:D

Edit: another big decision was resale value...look at what a lightly used GT goes for versus a lightly used 350...different worlds yet again

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I drove a '15 GTPP for 2 years before trading on a '17 GT350.

After years of DDing GT500s, I loved the lower HP and torque of the GT because I could get on it and have fun without immediately being in "go to jail" territory. The big improvement though, and one of the things I liked the best about the GT, was the handling and feel of the car. So much better than the previous generation Mustangs.

Now, while the higher HP and torque of the GT350 is nice to have, the same rationale applies to the GT350. It's another step up in handling, and it feels even more composed and precise than the '15 GTPP did. Add in the godlike exhaust note, the lower hood, and the better looking front and rear valences and it's no contest.

That said, the '18 GT is supposedly getting more HP/Torque along with some appearance updates. Digital gauges and Magneride are also available as options. I think a loaded out '18 GT is going to be an impressive car. I wouldn't trade my GT350 in on one though.

OP
OP
swish77

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
I test drove a GT350 yesterday for the first time. Amazing, of course, but I was surprised at how stiff the suspension felt compared to my GT PP. The shifter was a little stickier too. I drive mostly in the back-country roads of Connecticut, but I'd imagine the GT350 wouldn't be the most comfortable ride on rough city streets.

Also, I wonder how the GT350 would be in bad weather, even light snow. I'm in the Northeast so it's a consideration. My GT PP handled two winters very well with all-season tires and extra weight I threw in the trunk. I never took it out in heavy snow, but it was fine with an inch or two on the roads that were being plowed.

Anyone have any real winter experience with a GT350, presumably with all-season or winter tires? Is that just madness?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone have any real winter experience with a GT350, presumably with all-season or winter tires? Is that just madness?
It works fine in the snow with a good set of snow tires. Weather mode helps a lot.

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I came from a 13 Boss to this car. I agree with this statement. While the 350 is superior and does everything better, Its "fun zone" is above most legal limits. Don't get me wrong, its fun, but I think the Boss was more fun driving around town 0-45 mph.
100% agree - came from a 12 Boss and you nailed it....

Still I'm happy with mine as a daily driver as I do take it to Road Atlanta and other tracks on a regular basis and it's phenomenal on track.

Sponsored

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
The gt350 doesn't explode from a dead stop, but it doesn't take long to get the engine above 3500 rpm, and once you do it's really incredible to drive. It's very quick, but very smooth, and the engine feels like it WANTS to be revved, unlike other cars I have driven which seem to feel strained once the engine gets to high rpms (sorry, no GT experience here for direct comparison). Combine the feel of the engine, and the incredible looks and sound (both much nicer than a gt, imo), and personally I wouldn't take a gt over a 350. However, monetarily, is it worth it? That's a harder question, and really reliant on each person to decide, as it isn't much faster than a gt in a straight line (less if you've modified your gt).

murdock2112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Black, 2015 GT, PP
I have both a 15 GT PP and a 16 GT350. I must say that I'd rather drive the GT around town and in traffic but blast the GT 350 down some back roads. Both are very different animals.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I have both a 15 GT PP and a 16 GT350. I must say that I'd rather drive the GT around town and in traffic but blast the GT 350 down some back roads. Both are very different animals.
As someone who has not driven a gt (and to further the thread :D) can you explain why? The gt350 feels plenty lively, and it's just as fast or faster in 0-60 and 1/4 mile according to what I can see online. Sure, off of a stoplight I suppose there isn't an instant boost, but it feels like it takes less than a second to get over 3500 rpm, and after that it is pure excitement. Other than the low down torque, what makes the gt better for around town? Curious minds want to know (I may need to replace my daily driver someday, who knows ;) ).

murdock2112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Black, 2015 GT, PP
Suspension is a bit softer, I swear that the steering has been calibrated differently, and with 50 lbft more torque below 3400 it make a huge difference how it drives in traffic. On another note the Recaros in the GT aren't as form fitting as the Shelby. Not to mention Im just more paranoid when driving the Shelby. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
swish77

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Suspension is a bit softer, I swear that the steering has been calibrated differently, and with 50 lbft more torque below 3400 it make a huge difference how it drives in traffic. On another note the Recaros in the GT aren't as form fitting as the Shelby. Not to mention Im just more paranoid when driving the Shelby. Lol
For someone who has driven a '16 GT PP for a year and a half, and then a '17 GT350 for about 20 minutes Saturday on some relatively smooth country roads ... The latter's suspension/steering was definitely stiffer/tighter (some might say more uncomfortable), and the seats were certainly tighter than in my '16 GT PP. I'm not that big (6 feet, 200lbs), but I would imagine that a larger fellow might feel a bit squished in the '17 GT350 seats. (I realize the '16 seats in the GT350 are different.)

All that said, what a blast to drive! And that sound. Sick. If I can get a good deal, I might do the upgrade. Logic be damned.
Sponsored