Sponsored

No regrets.

MustangPhil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, Magnetic, Black pack, Auto
So like many on this forum (and countless others) the evap core failed on my 2016 GT.

I bought the car knowing this could and probably would happen, but I bought it anyway because in my opinion the S550 is the most beautiful car you can buy for $30,000. I bought a Base GT auto last year instead of getting a fully loaded ecoboost. Despite loving the Coyote. I still had occasional pangs of buyers remorse. Wishing for the luxury of leather and the premium infotainment system.

Today they gave me an ecoboost premium as a loaner while my evap core gets replaced. I no longer have regrets. If you love your EB, good for you, but I could never own one after my GT. It is not the same.

I miss you girl... see you soon.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Leather is overrated on a domestic vehicle unless your dropping 50K+.

A 8" screen can be had for 300-800 depending on the model you like.

Your evap core is probably covered by warranty. PITA, sure. V8 sound system...
d165129c077b7333cc03b5ecfffda74f1a5607232f9ab6652348d76111f55a9f.jpg

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I've had both an EB PP premium and my GT. Both are great cars. The only thing I hated on the EB was the lame exhaust note.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
milky-way-bar-no-regerts-sorry-a.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
hqdefault.jpg

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I've owned a '15 EB Performance Pack Premium 401a, and now a '17 GT Premium 401a without the performance pack (I'll add what I don't have from the PP).

I liked my EB just fine and I'd recommend it to people. I just never completely fell in love with the turbo. It had plenty of power for around town with no mods; I did like it. The exhaust note (with or without the sound symposer) was weak. I never made any performance changes, just visual changes to set it apart. With that said, even with the manual, it never really seemed alive until it was in "Sport+ Mode." I'd just gotten to the point I was going to slap a new intercooler on it, as well a tune from Tune+ and gotten a quote. That decision obviously changed when my GT rolled around (with cash back and dealer discount I saved 8K off MSRP).

I'd always had GTs/Mach 1's etc. with a V8 and I did miss the sound/feel of the V8. If I'd had a '15 GT first I couldn't have ever gone backwards to an EB. As it were I came from on '09 GT and the EcoB didn't seem so far off.

So, I also have no regrets about my '17. I like everything about my new car better - except for a few very minor things that I can change/update easily (e.g. I wish it'd had the performance pack, so I need suspension, gauges, inside trim, changes, but minor compared to the savings off MSRP).

Completely off subject, but in the same spirit - but my EcoB had the premier interior. Not only do I not miss it on my GT, I'm glad I don't have it - and here's why:

- The dash trim in the fake leather didn't age particularly well. It was always a little dull even with regular upkeep (and when new). The upper door trim, while softer, was not "premium" it was just a soft plastic - and it was hard to clean and even new was a slightly different black than the rest of the trim. And lastly, the seats - I much prefer the seats in my Premium GT as opposed the premier seats. The premier seats were "softer" leather but realistically bunched and wrinkled more that the pleather in the premium.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I went with a base GT. You can do a ton of mods for $4k if you can do the work yourself. I’ve got a full Rockford setup, Roush fascia, RTR wheels, steeds suspension, leather takeoffs, Borla ATAK catback. Next on the list is either the raxiom or moddiction head unit.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
katzkin leather and one of the head unit systems floating around would fix you right up!

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
OP do exhaust mods on your V8 and you will forget about the EB.

I really wish I did long tube headers and h-pipe on my '13.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
katzkin leather and one of the head unit systems floating around would fix you right up!
This ^

Or you can sniff around ebay and see if a set of stock covers shows up. I found a DS PS set of leather seat covers for $250. They are not that hard to install if you have help. Smartened up the interior that's for sure. I had the infotainment center on the loaner Fusion they gave me when my evaporator core was being replaced and I wasn't really sold on it.
Sponsored