Sponsored

removing recirc hose going back into the CAI.. HELP

Kbrewer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost mustang AT
This may be a stupid question but is it safe just to unhook the rubber recirc hose going from the stock BOV back into the CAI so it just vents into the atmosphere? this is obviously just for the blow off sound and i would cap it on the CAI end. Is this safe?
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yes

OP
OP

Kbrewer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost mustang AT
thanks, i ask because i friend of mine said sometimes if they recirc into the intake, there's a reason why and disconnecting it could mess it up.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
thanks, i ask because i friend of mine said sometimes if they recirc into the intake, there's a reason why and disconnecting it could mess it up.
That is because some cars run a mass airflow sensor (MAF). The air being returned to the intake tract is accounted for in the tune on those cars. When you remove the said air, it creates a rich condition.

These cars use speed density, aka manifold absolute pressure (MAP), sensors. The way the ECU calculates load with these cars are different from a MAF based system.

But to be more brief, no, it won't hurt anything (provided you cap the intake tube hole) and will give you the BOV sounds.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
So, is there an easy way to get more of the turbo sound with a stock airbox? I don't want the BOV sound- pretty sure it would annoy the hell out of me after about a day but more spool up sound would be nice on this car since the exhaust note is so bad.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
So, is there an easy way to get more of the turbo sound with a stock airbox? I don't want the BOV sound- pretty sure it would annoy the hell out of me after about a day but more spool up sound would be nice on this car since the exhaust note is so bad.
A high-flow panel filter and removing the resonator on the intake box might increase the sound some, but I'd think it'd only be a minimal increase.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] old thread, but I need to ask this: where is the resonator on the intake box? :confused:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. And this can be removed?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I thought you could simply remove it, without cutting it off. I wouldn't feel comfortable removing it just for a minimal increase in sound. [MENTION=27727]Marvinmadman[/MENTION] thanks anyway :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I posted this on another thread, but maybe someone here can help.

I am using the Boomba Racing adapter for a while and I really like the sound. However, I am about to install the GFB DV+ BPV upgrade. Unfortunately, I cannot combine the DV+ and the Boomba Racing adapter together due to lack of space. So, after I install the DV+, I will have to take out the Boomba Racing Adapter and simply remove the recirculation hose and do the chairleg mod, like some of you guys did.

Now, I have a tricky question: Does anyone know if there is any way to change the VTA sound after removing the recirc hose? I am looking for a whistling VTA sound. Is there some sort of an adaptor, something like a whistling trumpet that I could fit after I remove the recirc hose?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, thanks man, but mine is an EcoBoost :cheers:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I thought you could simply remove it, without cutting it off. I wouldn't feel comfortable removing it just for a minimal increase in sound. [MENTION=27727]Marvinmadman[/MENTION] thanks anyway :thumbsup:
I cut the resonator off with a dremel. A wheel center cap fit the hole perfectly.
See it just forward of the airbox
35767257295_9edb4ccdd7_k.jpg
20161205_145209 by chefjpd, on Flickr

And for the whistle sound:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Universa...8760&wl11=online&wl12=174183260&wl13=&veh=sem
Sponsored