Sponsored

Seeing lots of MBRP systems for sale

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
my street has zero drone....race version has drone.
Sponsored

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
I have the Solo Mach-XV with the J-pipes (I drove around with all of their models during the R&D phase as they have used my car for the testing). No drone whatsoever, those J-pipes (Solo's own design of Helmholtz resonator) work excellently. I think Corsas are based on the same principle (but different design of course), but Solo costs less than half - as per their current introductory pricing a full cat-back is 768$, the axle-back is 416$ (with free shipping).

I put a review with photos/videos/links here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34818

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
I remember you telling me you had the Gibson but I never did get to hear it, next meet I will.
Off topic, but where do said meets take place? I'm a little north in citrus county.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the mbrp street with sw longtube catless headers and I love it... No drone at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Yeah I'm one of those people who can't bear drone. I was thinking the street version but seemed there was a lot of complaints about bad rasp.
Street drones below 1,500 RPM, but then goes silent. Perfectly quiet on the freeway.

The rasp is nasty when the system is new. I didn't like it at all. But it has amazingly stopped the popping after about 500 miles, and it sounds great. I get nothing but compliments, and the car sounds terrific pulling for redline.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
drone is soooo subjective

many mistake tone for drone

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
sometimes install can be to blame a little, not saying thats the case, but it's a possiblityly

Sponsored

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I had the street and there was no drone at all.i put around 6k miles on it before selling. If your car is a manual which gears do you have? I don't think this system is aggressive enough to drone. Like beef said tone is not drone! I have Borla s-type with H pipe. Believe me there's tone on the highway but it's not drone. It's the sound of the exhaust. No vibrating of the cabin just the great sound of the exhaust. Everyone has there own opinion on what drone is.

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I had the street and there was no drone at all.i put around 6k miles on it before selling. If your car is a manual which gears do you have? I don't think this system is aggressive enough to drone. Like beef said tone is not drone! I have Borla s-type with H pipe. Believe me there's tone on the highway but it's not drone. It's the sound of the exhaust. No vibrating of the cabin just the great sound of the exhaust. Everyone has there own opinion on what drone is.
I have competition style not street, so there's a difference. Also I'm on 3.31 gears. Either way between the long tubes and vibrant resonators drone is practically non existent now.

ks_s550

Saini GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Got the MBRP Street last week (Thank you Beefcake!!!). It does not drone at all. The sound is absolutely amazing in my opinion. I am not a fan of rasp, but after driving around for a bit I've grown to love it, and it's only at the higher RPM ranges.

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
I love my MBRP Race catback. Sounds great and I do not feel the drone is bad at all. More of just a deep nice sound.

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yea I just installed my mbrp street exhaust today and love it!!! Would have gotten the race exhaust but I don't want to wake the neighbors on cold starts in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored