Hit by a deer :(

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Latest update -
I just talked to the shop. All parts are in and the car is actively being worked on. One interesting thing that they mention is that since it is R.R. Clear Coat Tint, that there will be no way to match/blend in the exact tinting mix from the factory that ended up on my car on that day it was painted. As a result the entire car will be clear coated and will be better than factory, especially with regards to the masking job the factory did on the painted black roof. So far I am still impressed with this place and understand why there are a number of high end cars at there.
Meanwhile I'm driving a "carbon offset" to the Shelby, a Nissan Leaf. :(
Always a bright side. It will be better than it was before. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing it when it is done.
Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
My '08 GT convertible is Dark Candy Apple Red metallic-a 3 stage color.
Due to a slight mishap in my garage...the front bumper was repainted last November at Performance Auto Collision.
The color match and finish was spot on.
Your repairs, bodywork, color matching, paintwork and finish will all be superb.
You will be another extremely satisfied customer...they are that good.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Sad to see that that happend

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Day 43 and the car is ready. Going to pick it up this morning.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Back from picking up the car. Pics soon. The paint job & door replacement looks great. There a couple things that I am not pleased with though. They removed both the front and rear bumper cover assemblies and my front splitter is no longer installed correctly. I can see the open slots where the tabs are supposed to go. Plus the drivers side seat belt was reinstalled with a complete 360 twist in it. That and about ½ a tank of gas is gone. They said I could bring it back on Monday when the shop people are at work and they could look at my issues. It's almost a 2 hour drive each way so that really sucks.
More later.

Last edited:
OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
And there's another issue. They kept the car outside overnight and it rained last night so when I picked it up, the top surfaces were pretty dirty. I went to rinse it off after I was home awhile and water just pours in at the top of the back glass. Not little leaks or drips, but pours in water. All around the area where the 3rd break light is. Soaked the rear parcel tray and lower back seats. Fortunately it was sunny and windy out today so after getting as much as I could with a towel, I left it outside in the sun with the windows down to dry out.
Needles to say I'm very disappointed. Pics up next.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
THAT sucks. Did you happen to document the mileage when you dropped it off/picked it up? I'd have to SERIOUSLY question why they would need to drive it for a body repair.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The car is back home and I couldn't be more pleased. All issues resolved. :headbang:
The gas issue remains a mystery. Lack of writing down the milage and my recollection of exactly where the gas gage needle was when I dropped it off probably come partially into play.
Back_Home.JPG

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
so what was causing the water leak?

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
so what was causing the water leak?
A gasket issue around the 3rd brake light. I don't know if it was missing or not seated correctly. When they looked at it they knew right away that they could fix it without having to remove the back glass or brake light though.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
That is a nice color. Are you happy with the blend?

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Your car looks awesome.
I knew these guys would take care of any outstanding issues...glad they were minor and easily resolved.
Performance Auto Collision is the best.

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
That is a nice color. Are you happy with the blend?
I am extremely happy with the result. The entire side of the car was resprayed and one cannot tell at all. I've looked at it in sunlight, shade and under fluorescent lights. The result is flawless. Performance Auto Collision are definitely masters of their craft.
Sponsored