Sponsored

Mustang Refresh 2017/18

MikeyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT, Ingot Silver on order (May 2017)
It seems there is a refresh coming, when do you think this is likely to hit the UK for orders? I wont get my car until may next year and I am contemplating cancelling to wait for the refresh...thoughts?
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd expect to see the (US version) debut at either the LA Show in November, or Detroit in January, with US cars hitting the lots around June/July/August 2017.

So, with delivery times of around 6 months now, a Jan/Feb order should get the new car.

I have no reason to believe they'll build both current and facelifted cars at the same time, so our deliveries should fall in line (or slightly later then) the US ones.

Of course, once the new car is shown in the US (at one of those shows) it'll be slightly easier to have the conversation with your dealer. I suspect, if you went in today, they'd deny all knowledge of a facelift car.

OP
OP

MikeyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT, Ingot Silver on order (May 2017)
I thought that, but if i wait too long and my car goes into production it will be harder to wriggle out and get the facelift...so cancel order and then reorder when facelift comes out.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It seems there is a refresh coming, when do you think this is likely to hit the UK for orders? I wont get my car until may next year and I am contemplating cancelling to wait for the refresh...thoughts?
Long shot, but I would assume they wouldn't even arrive until September '17 or June '18.

Firs they have to announce
then they have to announce release/order book date
then they have to flush out problems
then it comes to the uk
then the real problems are found

lol.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Also, one big downer..........the 10-speed auto may not be available across the board. Whether it's just export markets that won't see it straight away, or whether it'll only be specific models that get it, we don't really know. But, for now, it's been listed as "US markets only".

I suspect this is down to availability, and once they get production of the new gearbox up to speed, it'll be available to all. So, we'll need to keep an eye out for new info on that one.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Also, be interesting to see if the facelifted car gets red tail lamps this time around ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Also, be interesting to see if the facelifted car gets red tail lamps this time around ;)
Or DRLs in the tribars.... Bearing in mind any car imported has to have the orange indicators; but doesn't need to remove the DRLs

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I saw a rumour of direct injection for the coyote as well. I am holding off until I see the new look. If it's butt ugly then I will get an order in ASAP if I like it then the longer wait will have been worth it to me.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
I thought the refresh was just a front end styling change to make the car look more aggressive and that the more dramatic changes to the engine and drive train would come with the new model now brought forward to 2020 from 2022?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I saw a rumour of direct injection for the coyote as well. I am holding off until I see the new look. If it's butt ugly then I will get an order in ASAP if I like it then the longer wait will have been worth it to me.
Yep, it should be getting both direct and port injection. Hopefully good for at least 450hp.......in the US, at least :)

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I thought the refresh was just a front end styling change to make the car look more aggressive and that the more dramatic changes to the engine and drive train would come with the new model now brought forward to 2020 from 2022?
Styling tweaks front n rear (and new lamps)........DI/PI for the Coyote......10 speed auto (for the US, at least).......perhaps some interior tweaks.

The '21MY (S650) will be the next all new one, but the engines/gearbox may carry over.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Styling tweaks front n rear (and new lamps)........DI/PI for the Coyote......10 speed auto (for the US, at least).......perhaps some interior tweaks.

The '21MY (S650) will be the next all new one, but the engines/gearbox may carry over.
Alright thanks !!

Well I'm still waiting for my MY17 and I suppose my next one after will be a MY21 then :thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I always admire those with the ability to wait until what they want comes along. I'm more of a "want it now" kinda guy ;)
The refresh might be a real improvement over the current model but who'd bet against Ford screwing it up (EU vs US models anyone)?
The only thing we know for sure about the 2018 refresh is that it'll cost more, but the big question is how much more do Ford think they could get away with?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Dont be surprised if the changes only apply to US DM, rest of world cars might trundle on without the goodies.

There is a mammoth thread in the S550 General section of this site discussing the changes. It looks likely (although far from confirmed) to be:

DI for extra economy and power
10 speed auto
light front end refresh perhaps with full LED matrix lights
minor interior refresh, perhaps with a full TFT cockpit
possibility of magnaride

wild cards suggest V8 being replaced with V6T ecoboost, although I cant see it happening.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The refresh might be a real improvement over the current model but who'd bet against Ford screwing it up (EU vs US models anyone)?
Very much THIS ^^

We can only hope that Ford UK have been reading these forums (and we know they have) and that its had a direct impact on the face lifted car........at least in terms of the lighting front n rear ;)

Given the rocky UK launch, I wouldn't bet on anything, but let's keep 'em crossed that the UK car is as close to the US one as possible in terms of looks and content. Apart from where the steering wheel is. And even that doesn't bother me :D
Sponsored