Caution: PLEASE READ!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, today I managed to lose the primary key for the car :headbonk:
Here's the thing. On that particular key ring is the house keys, the work keys (including a swipe card with my name and picture on it) and the garage door remote.
The fact that our keys have a mustang logo on them probably doesn't help when this happens. Small-ish country town REALLY doesn't help either.
So, ANY would-be thief knows where I work and by looking in the car park can quickly establish the target vehicle (there's only one Mustang).
I'm sure you can all do your own thinking on the possibilities here. Let's just say that unplugging the garage door won't cut it when they have the keys to your house.
What I'm getting at people is this:
Be bloody careful with the combinations of things you may have on your key ring. PLEASE TRY AND KEEP THINGS SEPARATE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
This sucks to be honest. I just hope this helps someone else to avoid the traps. :cheers:
Needless to say, recoding will take place IMMEDIATELY, but the in between bit is fairly stressful. :doh:
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
What I'm getting at people is this:
Be bloody careful with the combinations of things you may have on your key ring. PLEASE TRY AND KEEP THINGS SEPARATE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.
Having had a similar experience in the past, this is the sum total of my primary key. I keep this in my left pocket and my house/work keys etc. on another key ring in my right pocket.

All swipe cards/I.D. etc. are in my wallet.
IMG_3308.jpg

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Hopefully some honest person has found them and will return them soon

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
No housekeys here, all of my doors and the garage are tagged into my phone or via fingerprint.

For guests I issue them a temp swipe pass

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully some honest person has found them and will return them soon
Yeah, I'm kind of hoping that's the case.
Right now I'm in some sort of PTSD state because many years ago someone broke into my house and stole both the spare key for my VU SS ute and the ute itself. They flogged the living crap out of it (LSD knackered, gearbox knackered, every single panel/rubber/light on the car scrateched beyond belief). Pretty handy on a 10,000 km old car as you can imagine....:eyebulge:
Really hoping I don't get a repeat here :rant:

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I am aware of a 16 Mustang which was stolen from a garage this way. Was caught doing speeds in excess of 240km/h. Didn't make the news though, two 16 year olds who were smoking meth in it as well....lovely

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I am aware of a 16 Mustang which was stolen from a garage this way. Was caught doing speeds in excess of 240km/h. Didn't make the news though, two 16 year olds who were smoking meth in it as well....lovely
The factory key is pretty easy to duplicate, it uses a unencrypted algorithm set for the keyfob and immobiliser, most people who are competent around RF duplication can get into one and start it.

I emulated my old ST keysso I could start it with a Rf trigger in the car and my phone and I had a quick look at the mustang RF on the weekend and is almost identical.

Technically speaking provided my scanner is within range I can get both your garage remote and car RF tags in one scan and just walk in and drive it away.

Same tech has been in use for years for car thieves in Europe.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If, heaven forbid, my car ever got stolen and some shitbag had been driving it - I'd be selling it no matter how minor the damage (if any).

The way things are going down your way in recent months, I'd also be making sure that my doors were locked when stopped in traffic.

:paddle:

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Of course they were smoking meth... :tsk:
I've seen plenty of seriously erratic driving lately, I suspect the same cause!

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The factory key is pretty easy to duplicate, it uses a unencrypted algorithm set for the keyfob and immobiliser, most people who are competent around RF duplication can get into one and start it.

I emulated my old ST keysso I could start it with a Rf trigger in the car and my phone and I had a quick look at the mustang RF on the weekend and is almost identical.

Technically speaking provided my scanner is within range I can get both your garage remote and car RF tags in one scan and just walk in and drive it away.

Same tech has been in use for years for car thieves in Europe.
Copie, I'm way more scared now! :ninja:

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
I have my fob on a lanyard and hang it around my neck and have all my other keys on a seperate keychain

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads