Sponsored

Magnetic Mustang Australia Mods and Pics

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Magnetic is a great colour but funny with wheels. Personally I think the opposite end of extremes (i.e. Black or Silver) are the only colours that work with it. Only my opinion!
You may well be right, im even starting to think the same way myself but I'll see where this takes me before I give up in defeat :rant:
Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
You may well be right, im even starting to think the same way myself but I'll see where this takes me before I give up in defeat :rant:
I spent days agonising over which colour rim to choose on a group buy for Apex wheels, really wanted anthracite as it catches the light and shows off the detail of the wheel nicely, just doesn't go well with magnetic :(. Black is aggressive but is a safe bet these days, always looks good, I just dislike how it hides the detail of the wheel. Anyway, someone has to pioneer so look forward to seeing what you come up with :cheers:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I'm usually a fan of bronze but I don't think it's working with Magnetic. Perhaps it just needs something to tie into. Bronze wheels with matching bronze stripes or black stripes with bronze pinstripes might bring it all together.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm usually a fan of bronze but I don't think it's working with Magnetic. Perhaps it just needs something to tie into. Bronze wheels with matching bronze stripes or black stripes with bronze pinstripes might bring it all together.
Like this?
NOTE: not the actual bronze colour or width to be used. Just fooling around with concepts, as you do when you're trying something completely different.
IMG_1936.jpg

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Like this?
NOTE: not the actual bronze colour or width to be used. Just fooling around with concepts, as you do when you're trying something completely different.
Missed your earlier reply but basically yeah. Gives a little extra something to tie it all together.

I've seen you've done the pony and are in the process of doing the wheels. Keen to see how it all comes together.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got one of the wheels back from the tyre-fitters. They're taking their time with them which kinda suits me in terms of "no harm caused".
Rushed a pic at 5.00pm in overcast conditions. Doesn't really highlight what's going on but thought I'd share it anyways cos it could be months before I get the rest back :D
IMG_2248.jpg

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Finally got one of the wheels back from the tyre-fitters. They're taking their time with them which kinda suits me in terms of "no harm caused".
Rushed a pic at 5.00pm in overcast conditions. Doesn't really highlight what's going on but thought I'd share it anyways cos it could be months before I get the rest back :D
Months to fit a tyre? What you mean mate? How many do you have fitted now?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Months to fit a tyre? What you mean mate? How many do you have fitted now?
Lol. Ok, I dropped a pair of wheels in on Sayurday just gone, I have one back so far. The problem is that only one bloke there is allowed to fit the tyres to these wheels.... I'm hoping to have them all done this week. Not even joking.
The reality is that I'd prefer them to get it right (no harm) and take a fortnight if they have to. Not keen on getting damaged wheels back. :paddle:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lol. Ok, I dropped a pair of wheels in on Sayurday just gone, I have one back so far. The problem is that only one bloke there is allowed to fit the tyres to these wheels.... I'm hoping to have them all done this week. Not even joking.
The reality is that I'd prefer them to get it right (no harm) and take a fortnight if they have to. Not keen on getting damaged wheels back. :paddle:
hahah fair enough mate. i can appreciate that. I guess im lucky with my mechanic/tyre fitter. I stand there and help them do it so I know whats going on lol

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
hahah fair enough mate. i can appreciate that. I guess im lucky with my mechanic/tyre fitter. I stand there and help them do it so I know whats going on lol
Just picked the rest up Phil. No damage! Total cost of strip tyres, replace valves, fit tyres and balance - one box of Chang stubbies. :lol::cheers:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For those who missed it on the FB page.
Personally I think the black looked more aggressive but I like the look. Separates the car from the pack. Hopefully for the right reasons....
IMG_0033.jpg

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
I personally prefer the black [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION], but the new colour does look good too. Still got those orange bike reflectors on the rear though!

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] what are your thoughts on the Anchor Room tail light tint fit and finish? It is obvious that it's a film when viewed up close?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I personally prefer the black [MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION], but the new colour does look good too. Still got those orange bike reflectors on the rear though!
Yeah, I kinda agree on the colour sometimes too. Some days I think WOW! Other days it's not like that at all. Lighting and angles seem to change the contrast a lot more than I can capture on the phone camera.
Still thinking about the reflectors. The red looks good but then the front makes no sense...:headbonk:
Sponsored