CEL - misfires

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I got the car back and dealer said they replaced the pcm, not reflashed it again, but haven't provided the work order yet. I'll call and ask them for it again today to verify what was done. That being said my misfire is gone and they also got my 2012 tpms sensors to function which was a cool bonus. Whatever they did has worked so far and I'll be happy if it doesn't return.

Haven't been able to put too many miles on the car yet but did keep it a 3.5k yesterday on the highway cruising home (~10min) and it didn't start misfiring like it used to. I'll put a few hundred miles on it and post again.
Is the car still running ok after replacing PCM? My buddy Tommy V is having the same issue. It is driving us crazy. His started after a clutch replacement too.
Sponsored

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Is the car still running ok after replacing PCM? My buddy Tommy V is having the same issue. It is driving us crazy. His started after a clutch replacement too.
Forgot to update. 2nd dealer determined the injector driver in the PCM was the failure so they replaced the PCM under warranty. Car has been running fine for 13 months and over 11k miles.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Any of u guys still having misfires or cel light,especially after a tune or clutch replacement??After 2 weeks i figured mine out and may be able to help u out.

Kenny_S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Took mine into the dealer i originally purchased from yesterday for the P0308 Code. Scantool I have showed it appeared 3 times. Still waiting to hear what they found. Only mod on the car is a MBRP Stainless Street catback. Car has never been tuned and is currently at 8,500 miles.

Kenny

antgoat1483

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
Any of u guys still having misfires or cel light,especially after a tune or clutch replacement??After 2 weeks i figured mine out and may be able to help u out.
Did a clutch replacement on 09/16/2017
CEL appeared on 09/14/2017
will go to dealer next Monday

Sponsored

Mvalenti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Posted this to another thread...
CEL came on early this year (misfire P300, P305, P308), dealer downloaded software to fix.
A few moths later came back on, same codes. Dealer blamed it on fuel contamination (dirt) at my expense, new injectors and pumps... I mentioned an issue with the intake manifold valves, they said it couldnt be that...

53 miles later back on, guess what the problem was.... damaged valve on the intake runner...

job

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Capri, 85 Audi, 2005 Dodge 2500,2017 GTPP
Posted this to another thread...
CEL came on early this year (misfire P300, P305, P308), dealer downloaded software to fix.
A few moths later came back on, same codes. Dealer blamed it on fuel contamination (dirt) at my expense, new injectors and pumps... I mentioned an issue with the intake manifold valves, they said it couldnt be that...

53 miles later back on, guess what the problem was.... damaged valve on the intake runner...
Was this it?

Sargonnas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
I've got the same issue. Started with Cyl 7 & 8, but after those were cleared only 8 came back. Found it happened at around 1900 RPM. 6th gear @ 65MPH on cruise control and it will start misfiring. Been to the dealership a bunch. On my second dealership now. This one thinks its some bad latches that hold the IM down or something. They'll replace it Wednesday. Unfortunately, if this doesn't fix it, I believe its eligible for lemon law. Love the car, but I've never had so many issues with a new car before (this isn't the only issue).

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I've got the same issue. Started with Cyl 7 & 8, but after those were cleared only 8 came back. Found it happened at around 1900 RPM. 6th gear @ 65MPH on cruise control and it will start misfiring. Been to the dealership a bunch. On my second dealership now. This one thinks its some bad latches that hold the IM down or something. They'll replace it Wednesday. Unfortunately, if this doesn't fix it, I believe its eligible for lemon law. Love the car, but I've never had so many issues with a new car before (this isn't the only issue).
Mine was doing this and it was a cracked intake manifold.

Sargonnas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Looks like they finally figured it out. Broken IMRC lever. Replaced the IM and I no longer get the codes.. car also feels like it runs a bit smoother.

Sponsored