Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
procharged v6:eyebulge:
How much did that cost?
How much horsepower you pushing now?
It would normally be about $8k with install and tuning but I got a huge discount as I was a beta customer. If you can install yourself you could do it for a lot cheaper. I put down 415 whp on a dyno that a stock manual GT puts about 380 whp on.
I broke my left leg on my dirt bike and can't drive a manual right now :(
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
It would normally be about $8k with install and tuning but I got a huge discount as I was a beta customer. If you can install yourself you could do it for a lot cheaper. I put down 415 whp on a dyno that a stock manual GT puts about 380 whp on.
I broke my left leg on my dirt bike and can't drive a manual right now :(
8K :faint:

I better start watching youtube videos on how to install:lol:.
415hp, that's awesome! (Broken leg Not awesome:eek:)

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Keeping mine but will likely go full 5.2 (crossplane) crate swap in the future. (once the car is paid off that is) Maybe do a few body mods depending on the MY18 refresh.
If they can swap engines when restoring old muscle, why can't we.

I was thinking of swapping to a 3.5L ecoboost eventually but you are going the whole way. Makes me think I should also go bigger since the prices are more or less around the same price.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
8K :faint:

I better start watching youtube videos on how to install:lol:.
415hp, that's awesome! (Broken leg Not awesome:eek:)
I have pretty much all the upgrades on my Procharger setup which is why mine is so much. The complete kit can be had for under $6k shipped. Also if you have a manual you need to budget for a new flywheel as the stock one won't last long.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Someone explain how leasing works and, how you can purchase the car after our lease.

Sponsored

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have pretty much all the upgrades on my Procharger setup which is why mine is so much. The complete kit can be had for under $6k shipped. Also if you have a manual you need to budget for a new flywheel as the stock one won't last long.
the stock pro charger kit runs on what? 8psi? Im not sure where i saw this, but i think changing out a pully bumped it up to 12psi and i think pushed out 80% over stock. which i believe would put you around 460ish hp.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Someone explain how leasing works and, how you can purchase the car after our lease.
Put simply, imagine you bought the new car on 72 month loan.
Now imagine you could take out a 36 month lease, and pay off about half the car in that time.
At the end of the lease, you have half ownership of a single-owner car, and you are first in line to buy the rest of the car.
So for the first 3 years, the two situations are similar.

But if you refuse it and turn it back in, the dealer wants to make sure it is in good condition for resale. So there are some terms for that. Like mileage limits. But if you store it in the winter, or use it only on weekends, or in fair weather, then it may not be the same constriction as for "normal" cars which are all-year daily drivers.

IMO, leasing a Mustang is not a bad idea since it is easier to not rack up the miles than for a 12-month primary car. And if you think you will want a newer/faster/better Mustang in 3 years, you can get out of your lease gracefully.

The negative is that leases are skewed financially in favor of the dealer, and so if you do all the math, your total cost of ownership is cheaper when you buy. In other words, it may be 39 months, not 36. And "half" is not really half, you probably end up owning less than half, haha.

I think Edmunds has more information, maybe even a comparator or calculator, or questionnaire.

Ever wonder why car ads always show the lease figures? I think it is because the monthly rate is about half, and that hooks people that think in terms of monthly payment, instead of total cost of ownership. $300 for a Mercedes - heck yeah! - they think.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
the stock pro charger kit runs on what? 8psi? Im not sure where i saw this, but i think changing out a pully bumped it up to 12psi and i think pushed out 80% over stock. which i believe would put you around 460ish hp.
On the stock 8 PSI with 91 octane, timing had to be pulled and I got 387 whp. On 93 octane no timing need to be pulled and I got the 415 whp.
12psi is going to require E85 or some sort of magic tuning.
On the 5.0, some are getting the smaller pulleys and putting wastegates so that you get more PSI at lower RPM but bleeding off the boost at higher RPM to stay safe.

OP
OP
Tems

Tems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang
I went to the dealership randomly to ask about what's going to happen when my lease ends.

they told me I had to refinance it (at that time which will be around 10,000.00 to refinance) and pay the taxes if I wanted to keep it. the cool thing about it is you don't pay interest for the first 3 years.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
If they can swap engines when restoring old muscle, why can't we.

I was thinking of swapping to a 3.5L ecoboost eventually but you are going the whole way. Makes me think I should also go bigger since the prices are more or less around the same price.
That's the way I look at it...! If I am going to spend the money and effort to do an engine swap, it's got to be a V8. Now wether that V8 will be a 5.0 or 5.2, that will be decided at a later date. Haha

Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
I love my v6....I get comps all the time on how it looks...some even like how it sounds :p im in the same boat...V8 would be cool....but...this is my daily. getting 30mpg is awesome, and insurance is waaay less....not to mention my payment is only $360, and that's with gap. would be 320 without it. your just not going to get more car than this for the money. if I had a GT...id probably get myself in a lot of trouble...even though the v6 is perfectly capable of sending me to jail lol. I just love the car, its so fun to drive. when you make up reasons to go out and drive the car...you know you found a keeper...and I look back at it...sometimes 2 or 3 times hahaha
Ah man you're making me regret not getting those wheels!! Holy crap looks so good!

I had buyers remorse with the v6 but now after wheels and stripes and soon an exhaust I am completely happy plus if I had a gt my money would be gone cause I couldn't stop myself from modding! with the v6 it's not that way, but after I pay it off and I'll hand the car down and get a gt if I'm more financially stable of course or a f150 with the black accent package

professorwoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vrooom!
So just a little quick history, I got my mustang from boggus ford here in pharr, fell in love when I first laid eyes on her.

Gave some money down, got it out on a lease. 350$/month.

My question is what do you guys planning on doing in the future?

Keeping it, paying it off?
Trading for a GT?
Or in my case Maybe trading it for an F150.

( What do you guys pay per month? Did any of you get it on a lease? )
Hello fellow valley brother! I also have a V6 but I do not regret it one bit. Since we live in such a dense city where traffic is horrible you would never really get to enjoy a GT. A base v6 is a bit boring until you add a few things such as an exhaust and a tune.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
i need to post some pics of the carbon track style spoiler I made....I also just did GT front brakes. if nothing else they look freakin awesome stuffed in these 18s :p heres on stock fronts with no spoiler yet, after a healthy canyon run with a fellow 3.7
13091884_1146925738660779_3591962851454261682_n.jpg

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
i need to post some pics of the carbon track style spoiler I made....I also just did GT front brakes. if nothing else they look freakin awesome stuffed in these 18s :p heres on stock fronts with no spoiler yet, after a healthy canyon run with a fellow 3.7
Yes please post!

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Put it back to stock at the end of my lease and get a 18 GT. I talked to my sales rep about terminating my lease early and getting a GT and although possible, it would be a horrible financial decision. I pay 354 a month. Love my V6, more than capable for a daily driver, looks great, I can go on forever.
Sponsored

Last edited: