Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
BUYER BEWARE! We have discovered that counterfeit BMR Chassis and Suspension components are being sold on eBay by the seller "SoCalPartsDirect". The demonstration below is our CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit for the S550 Mustang, which this company is selling as a BMR Product (they even printed and included BMR instructions). Upon arrival, it was apparent that the product was a fake before even opening the package! Once opened, the CNC machined components were practically impossible to differentiate, however the pictures below show the drastic difference between the counterfeit and the real BMR front braces of the kit. As you see their #HammerClone coating is nothing like the authentic BMR Unique "Hammertone" powdercoat finish. You will also find cheaper and thinner materials, poor welding, rust and very poor surface prepping causing the coating to bubble.

Companies and those affiliated with these actions are primarily hurting the consumer. This product is likely made in China for pennies and then shipped and distributed in bulk across the United States. We will try our best to prevent this by consumer awareness - but we ask that you please share this and please ensure that you spend your money with a known distributor of the product you want, or buy direct if possible. If the price is too good to be true, many times it's #FakeNews

https://www.facebook.com/BMRSuspensionInc/

_SoCalPartsDirect eBay CB005 copy.jpg
20170720_114131 - small.jpg
20170720_114556 - small.jpg
20170720_114933 - small.jpg
20170720_115039 - small.jpg
20170720_115303 - small.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I never buy anything on ebay. So many counterfeit items on the website. Only way to be 100% sure is to buy directly from the manufacturer/distributor.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Can't legal action be taken for misrepresenting your product?

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks for posting! Oh man, I just bought a kit off of Amazon and haven't even opened the box yet, since I wasn't going to install it right away. I will check and see if I got ripped off, too.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Can't legal action be taken for misrepresenting your product?
Not without a patent, and if these are made in China, which is very likely, it won't go anywhere. China is notorious for not enforcing international copyright/patent laws when it's their companies doing the infringement.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Kelly,

This Perp's site below that you posted in the CB005 thread within the suspension sub forum on here:
https://squareup.com/store/socalponyparts/

Thread reference: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1930096&postcount=596

He's selling more than just a knock off of your CB005 kit... he has more of BMR's "like-products" on that site as well....

If what he's selling is bogus, I would say contact eBay and have him thrown off...

As quoted from the above hyperlink:

About
SoCalPonyParts is dedicated to offering you the best price on parts for your Mustang. When businesses need to unload merchandise that they couldn't sell, ordered by mistake, need to raise capital, or make room for new products, they offer it at blowout pricing. We bring those items to you to save you money.

Last edited:

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Kelly,

This Perp's site below that you posted in the CB005 thread within the suspension sub forum on here:
https://squareup.com/store/socalponyparts/

He's selling more than just a knock off of your CB005 kit... he has more of BMR's "like-products" on that site as well....

If what he's selling is bogus, I would say contact eBay and have him thrown off...

As quoted from the above hyperlink:
Wait what? SocalPonyParts was a forum sponsor/vendor and i bought the CB005 and my Steeda Jacking rails from them a long time ago.
Can anyone confirm this claim? Is my CB005 a crappy counterfit?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait what? SocalPonyParts was a forum sponsor/vendor and i bought the CB005 and my Steeda Jacking rails from them a long time ago.
Can anyone confirm this claim? Is my CB005 a crappy counterfit?
Interesting...

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
What makes you think SocalPonyParts and SocalPartsDirect are the same company?

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I am worried that the seller I bought it from got the knock off from ebay himself and passed it on to me after realizing it was a fake. It was sold to me as "Used - Like New - Removed from the box but never installed." I will know when I get home and unpack...

Sponsored

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
This is why I don't buy used, and i buy only from established companies. I'd rather pay full price knowing what I got, then get suckered into crappy parts.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I do not know if those companies are directly affiliated or related.

I just wanted to give people a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.