papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
exactly.. the problem is that we have to face this behaviour in every field! :doh:
Sponsored

comm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vaclav
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I like your tuned sound, especially blow off :) But what about noise inside, highway cruise at 130 kph is bearable? :)

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
I had time to watch all the vid now... it does sound very similar as mine...
so if you drive 130km/h in 6th gear you hear no special high sound... so it's really confortable... but if you throttle it a bit you notice directly the nice sound :D hehe

btw, papinist... you are really a racer! ahahah did not see the cruising part... ahahahha :p

better you don't come to switzerland... or your driving license will be gone in no time :p ehehehhe
so next year plan to drive to lux around switzerland :p hehe

very nice vid btw! :)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I like your tuned sound, especially blow off :) But what about noise inside, highway cruise at 130 kph is bearable? :)
As vierinha said, when cruising in high gears is very quiet. Then you only need to push the pedal to hear a deep sound, it's very cool :)

I had time to watch all the vid now... it does sound very similar as mine...
so if you drive 130km/h in 6th gear you hear no special high sound... so it's really confortable... but if you throttle it a bit you notice directly the nice sound :D hehe

btw, papinist... you are really a racer! ahahah did not see the cruising part... ahahahha :p

better you don't come to switzerland... or your driving license will be gone in no time :p ehehehhe
so next year plan to drive to lux around switzerland :p hehe

very nice vid btw! :)
:lol: :lol: well but I always was under the speed limit :cool:

BTW it was only for filming purposes.. I drove the first 5.000 km like a granny, then a little better and now I'm driving normally, but not too fast in daily driving.

:lol: :lol:

Driving like a madman around the little Italian roads :D
Yeah that first road is a small, bumpy and full of holes road in the countryside.. very nice panorama but bad road! My brother almost fell in the ditch (hope google translate get it correct!) alongside the road :D

Sponsored

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Great write up & video. I have the same exhaust but Airaid CAI. Very happy with it. Bit harder to fit on convertible due to extra chassis bracing- took two attempts but now perfect. Great compromise on sound as when cruising at speed still very quiet but fun when you want it to be!

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
You've awoken your Ecoboost :) Have the Magnaflow Competition catback on mine, thats even louder than the Street! Deep & bassy with zero rasp was my remit when looking for an exhaust & Magnaflow delivers on that front.

You'll get a drone in the cabin at around 2k revs for the first 500-800 miles then it goes away.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I considered the Competition too but I didn't want to risk it to be too much louder :)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Worked today to the muffler tips alignment. I don't have a lift so I did it with jack and jack stands
(this is my parents' RV garage, a bit larger and brighter than my usual garage)

This is the best I can do with these tools, and without loosening the most forward clamp

There should be about 1cm difference

but I can't raise anymore the left muffler since it is almost in touch with that bar

while the right muffler has some more space

I think this is due to the first Y segment to be not perfectly horizontal, but without a lift I can't do better than this.
:)

Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wim
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang ecoboost
it is legal for inspection or do you need to change it then?

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
No mods are legal in Italy.. you should have homologation papers stating not only some EU laws compliance, but also that it is tested with that specific car model (so it's nearly impossible).
But as always in Italy, there are chances that it could still pass the annual control (first control is after 4 years). Otherwise, I have the stock exhaust down in my garage, will swap for a day :D

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
I feel your pain. You're a brave man to do it without a lift Stefano :D They sound awesome but are a b*tch to get perfect (even with a lift if you do it on your own)! On a convertible it's even worse, cause you can't move an inch cause of the extra braces or you'd be touching. I've find it to be the easiest if you make sure the middle pieces are as high as possible. Then you can adjust with the Y-pipe and the 2 mufflers. If you ever would come to Belgium, be my guest to come do it on the lift!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Thanks PJ! I did two times with a lift in my friend's garage, and then I tried at home so I could have all the time I need - but it's not so easy... :)

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
I feel your pain. You're a brave man to do it without a lift Stefano :D They sound awesome but are a b*tch to get perfect (even with a lift if you do it on your own)! On a convertible it's even worse, cause you can't move an inch cause of the extra braces or you'd be touching. I've find it to be the easiest if you make sure the middle pieces are as high as possible. Then you can adjust with the Y-pipe and the 2 mufflers. If you ever would come to Belgium, be my guest to come do it on the lift!
I have this on my convertible mustang & can confirm that it is a nightmare to get it right without knocking on the extra bracing. Was first fitted using axle stands but was knocking on the move. When I had car undersealed, exhaust was removed on a lift & then installed properly but was hell of a job due to previous fitter using exhaust sealant in all the pipes when joining them together- did not want to come apart so took a lot of force to get it ligned up properly. Well worth it now though :)

Rev_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I also have this Magnaflow exhaust and it's not easy to align it, indeed. Left one is a bit lower - but when the exhaust tips go dark, you can't really notice it. When they are new and shiny it's much worse.

And yes, Magnaflow is by far the best sounding exhaust for Ecoboost engine. Actually very quiet and with that deep, rich tone, almost V8-like. Not for those who like lound and raspy sounding exhausts, though.

Now get a SCT X4 and a tune from Steeda. They took some time, but nailed it at first. The engine response is awesome, and I measured 360 HP on dyno.
Sponsored