Sponsored

Supercharger/Regrets

hotrod33647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt PP
I was wondering how many have taken the leap with regrets? Seeing topics with belt issues and hesitations. These kits aren't cheap and if your anything like me, I would be pisst to drop that kind of coin on a system with issues. To expand on these, which system as a whole had the least issues (VMP, ROUSCH, WHIPPLE, KB, PROCHARGER, PAXTON, VORTECH). I like to go FI but turbo might be more for me. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
If I had to do it all over again I would start with upgrading my suspension, clutch and supporting mods first. Now I am going through the process of upgrading the mods that support the power my car is putting out. If you have an automatic transmission you should be fine. Traction issues will be your problem.

My car runs fine but my clutch and suspension are not happy.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
If I had to do it all over again I would start with upgrading my suspension, clutch and supporting mods first. Now I am going through the process of upgrading the mods that support the power my car is putting out. If you have an automatic transmission you should be fine. Traction issues will be your problem.

My car runs fine but my clutch and suspension are not happy.
I did this...did everything first drivetrain, suspension, wheels tires then added the power. Wouldn't do it different if I did it again. Only regret I have is I was NA until 6800 miles on the car....thats 6800 miles of smiles i didn't get to have,

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I guess I wish I had tires sooner..... The stock suspension with an auto is just fine for me.....

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am a PD guy for a street car.. I also like the VMP blowers... They give you great horsepower and the torque is amazing.. A car that runs low 10's or gets into the 9's and you can drive across country with the air on, that's a bad street car!

[ame]

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My regret is buying a loaded Mustang instead of a GT with Recaros, and MAYBE the PP package (though I could do better than it, for more money sure, but Wilwood and Mishimoto would get me there). I would then have much more free cash flow for #becauseracecar modifications and could afford a daily driver and potentially more track time. I mean, let's be honest... the top of the line Shaker system is literally worse than the non-Bose, all the way base stereo system in my 2014 Chevy Silverado truck I had. By a longshot. I want my money back on that every day. If I had a base GT, I'd have a single turbo by now.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Have zero regrets with my Whipple. just wish I had more money to do more mods

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
No regrets here with My Procharger. 20k miles of abuse, hundreds and hundreds of dyno pulls, A ton of cross state drives, cruise-ins, events, and 2 years of having a blast with the car. And everytime I have wanted more out of it, the Procharger keeps giving. Up to 700+RWHP and she still has more in her.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
No regrets here with My Procharger. 20k miles of abuse, hundreds and hundreds of dyno pulls, A ton of cross state drives, cruise-ins, events, and 2 years of having a blast with the car. And everytime I have wanted more out of it, the Procharger keeps giving. Up to 700+RWHP and she still has more in her.
:cheers::ford::headbang::thumbsup:

My only regret is that the cars I drive on a daily basis aren't mine. :(
And that my banker is going to think I am crazy for buying a new car for the first time in my life, because thats how bad I want my own.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
No regrets with my Whipple.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
None here, other than not having a job that allows me to spend tons of money all the time lol. Once a year, though... Go wild!

I had a lot of grief about getting a base model, but I had already done my research for what I was going to do with it and I'm quite pleased so far.

no-ragrets.jpg

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
just be ready for a tire fund if you want to be able to use boosted power

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
All of the well known systems are great and as has been said, you can't really go wrong. Anyone pushing a particular system is just happy with their particular path in my opinion. The only reason to regret going FI is if:

1. You don't do things properly (install, precautions like BAP, arguably the OPG, Crank Gear)
2. Don't have the extra money if things happen to go wrong
3. Don't understand the need for other components that will be effected by the extra 250+HP to make the car fully capable (such as clutch, axles, driveshaft, tires, etc).
4. You don't understand that money in will far from = money out

No matter how you look at it, going FI is not CHEAP but it tends to be a little cheaper for the auto guys it seems.

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
You're crazy to think a turbo setup will give you less problems than a blower (centri/PD). There are just more possible failure points. You can't go wrong with Whipple, VMP, Vortech, etc. My personal choice will be a VMP Gen II in the next month or so.
Sponsored