OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
Don't mind he trolls....

Anyway, mine was 5.6... drop from 6.1 (I'm in a vert). I could have gotten it lower but I figured why beat the hell out the car for a 5.5 or 5.4... bragging rights? Naw.... I'm good.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure anyone else actually ran a 0-60. Maybe one or two other people.... most posted about doing that but did not. One guy posted his drag runs on the race track.

I don't think the "target audience" for the ford performance tune is worried much about 0-60, to be dead honest with you. That is just my guess... I could be (and more than likely am) wrong.

The most important part of this tune is not really the 0-60 (it is plenty FAST), but the way it drives is simply amazing... the pull... does not sound like it is going to die when passing on the hwy.... the gear changes on the auto. Ford did a great job on this tune.

well I care about it cuz so many kids around here driving a 1998 prelude with big ass exhaust and stare at you at the lights.

Call me naïve, I don't care, but I sure want to have the ability to not being laughed at lol. This is the only time I wish I have a 5.0 instead of a 2.3T.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
well I care about it cuz so many kids around here driving a 1998 prelude with big ass exhaust and stare at you at the lights.

Call me naïve, I don't care, but I sure want to have the ability to not being laughed at lol. This is the only time I wish I have a 5.0 instead of a 2.3T.
You might want to go with another tuner then... even big turbo.

And especially so if you are out of warranty, don't care about your warranty, or want to start adding a bunch of mods right out the door.

The FP is not about 0-60... it is fast, don't get me wrong.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
For frame of reference:
Tune+ 93, intercooler, plugs, intake, turbosmart bits. Manual transmission.
4.9 0-60 with 275 rear tires. (Ideal conditions at a track) probably could improve it with a better launch.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
There are a bunch of reference threads... my same car with unleashed will easily do 0-60 in 5.3 (stock tires). And unleashed is what, $399... much cheaper.

Ford Performance tune is not about 0-60... if you simply want to go fast from the light, there are definitely faster tunes out there. FP tune is so smooth.... at least for auto... much better driving experience than say unleashed.

I don't know about tune+ and his transmission tune/calibration... someone else can speak to that.

Lots of options, depending on the risk you want to take.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
You guys are missing the big picture on this tune. For those of us currently worried about stay within warranty this tune is essentially the only option in tuning without certain risks. In every way it does matter how fast the FP tune is simply bc it's the only option available. Like in my situation, way to young to have a car payment + a mortgage (done goofed). So even if I wanted to start modding my mustang the way I want to the money isn't there. So if I blew the engine or she throws a rod I've got no way to fix her. The FP is a godsend bc I can amp up the lousy stock tune, tires, suspension, aesthetic things, and I'll have a under warranty HPDE car. Even the mods I listed are gonna have me eating cheap for awhile. Once I'm set up and save up by the end of my 3/36 warranty I can go Tune + and eventually big turbo, E85, meth. For the time being the FP tune and some michilen PSS's and I'll feel like a king.

And seriously I'll mail you beer for a lengthy write up and some 0-60 numbers lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
You guys are missing the big picture on this tune. For those of us currently worried about stay within warranty this tune is essentially the only option in tuning without certain risks. In every way it does matter how fast the FP tune is simply bc it's the only option available. Like in my situation, way to young to have a car payment + a mortgage (done goofed). So even if I wanted to start modding my mustang the way I want to the money isn't there. So if I blew the engine or she throws a rod I've got no way to fix her. The FP is a godsend bc I can amp up the lousy stock tune, tires, suspension, aesthetic things, and I'll have a under warranty HPDE car. Even the mods I listed are gonna have me eating cheap for awhile. Once I'm set up and save up by the end of my 3/36 warranty I can go Tune + and eventually big turbo, E85, meth. For the time being the FP tune and some michilen PSS's and I'll feel like a king.

And seriously I'll mail you beer for a lengthy write up and some 0-60 numbers lol

YEP, totally my thought there as well!!!
The only option that does not void warranty. Roush offer their own warranty but it is not the same at all, not just lower amount but there could be conflicts between roush and ford, which will cause a lot of pain in my arse

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)

I've embarrased at least one WRX owner with my dead stock PP car :lol: He was obviously tuned, you could smell his catless exhaust a mile away...

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!

I don't think anyone missed anything.... the thread just went a certain way to answer the OPs questions directly.

I mention warranty but the OP seems to be concerned about speed at the light. I'm pointing out if speed is what you need, then this tune might not be it. ;)

Warranty is only one (important) aspect when people ask questions... like my car is paid for and I can basically do what I want with it. I can afford to replace my engine... no biggie.

I still elected to go FP tune for a professional tune, warranty and auto tune. Plus, I know I'm done with future mods... Others might not.

I'm working on a write up but it will only include my 0-60 numbers already included in this thread. Not even sure there are more around... or I'd have to find them in the 20000 page fp threads we have floating around.

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
I've embarrased at least one WRX owner with my dead stock PP car :lol: He was obviously tuned, you could smell his catless exhaust a mile away...
WRX don't even need to tune to beat EB. official 0-60 is 4.7 same as STi because WRX is 200lbs less than STI.

Meanwhile, EB is 5.6 for official

JonD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost
WRX don't even need to tune to beat EB. official 0-60 is 4.7 same as STi because WRX is 200lbs less than STI.

Meanwhile, EB is 5.6 for official
That's assuming they have a driver mod ;0)

Regardless all these threads to help when info is talked about so I laugh when people get upset about thread content swaying a bit

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
That's assuming they have a driver mod ;0)

Regardless all these threads to help when info is talked about so I laugh when people get upset about thread content swaying a bit
LOL, I just floored it with the nannies on while letting the clutch out at the same time. I'm always suprised that a 4-banger can muster that much acceleration in a 3,500 lb. car :lol: Oh, and I shifted once (at redline). I backed off when I hit the speed limit for the road I was on (lest any cops jump out of the bushes...:ninja:)

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
I don't think anyone missed anything.... the thread just went a certain way to answer the OPs questions directly.

I mention warranty but the OP seems to be concerned about speed at the light. I'm pointing out if speed is what you need, then this tune might not be it. ;)

Warranty is only one (important) aspect when people ask questions... like my car is paid for and I can basically do what I want with it. I can afford to replace my engine... no biggie.

I still elected to go FP tune for a professional tune, warranty and auto tune. Plus, I know I'm done with future mods... Others might not.

I'm working on a write up but it will only include my 0-60 numbers already included in this thread. Not even sure there are more around... or I'd have to find them in the 20000 page fp threads we have floating around.
I totally get what your saying. If there were no consequences or risk involved i would never look a the FP tune, I would go Tune + (or any one of the other incredible tuners in the EBM field. :))

but for alot of us the FP tune is our only option. It's the stock tune or the FP, and i think i speak for everyone when i say FP > Stock. For alot of us i think it'll serve as a perfect intro to modding this platform and once the warranty is up 90% of us will end up taking it to the ragged edge like all of you guys lol.

and the write up...DOOOO ITTT, swear to god ill mail you a six pack of modelo lol

OP
OP

Machelen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The banging four banger
I totally get what your saying. If there were no consequences or risk involved i would never look a the FP tune, I would go Tune + (or any one of the other incredible tuners in the EBM field. :))

but for alot of us the FP tune is our only option. It's the stock tune or the FP, and i think i speak for everyone when i say FP > Stock. For alot of us i think it'll serve as a perfect intro to modding this platform and once the warranty is up 90% of us will end up taking it to the ragged edge like all of you guys lol.

and the write up...DOOOO ITTT, swear to god ill mail you a six pack of modelo lol
+++++++++1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!