Sponsored

Mustang GT vs E92 BMW M3 | Weighing Cost and Performance

thevillageidiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium with PP 6speed
Thats savage geese and i running at RPM. What we didn't add to the video was the instructor driving both cars back to back. The mustang is about 4 seconds a lap faster.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Cool video.

Too bad the results aren't really useful in almost any way.

I was hoping the M3 had the same tires.

Sending to my buddy who recently purchased an E90 M3. :)

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=17191]mindys[/MENTION]

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Love the quote at the end. Do some of the research. I.E. Don't just buy into the interweb hype.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Mustang with the tire advantage. Great turn out, though.

Still would rather have the E92... my wallet says no, though.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
you do not get an oil cooler on the pp it is on all gt models

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Man I'm partial to a modded E92 with an aftermarket exhaust system. Keeping my S550, but might just get me an M3 one of these days.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I used to think the same, and still really like the v8 M3s. However, after my buddy got an e90 M3 6MT and I drove it, I don't feel the same at all. I drove it around, autocross and some drifting ;)

Low tq, as in over 100 LESS than the GT. Weight isn't much different, maybe 100-150lbs. Brake feel and power is NOWHERE near the 6 pistons, steering feel is as good if not slightly better. Gas mileage is terrible, utterly terrible. cabin is cramped, and because it has so little tq, its pretty gutless under 4000rpms. Get caught in the wrong gear, and it's honda accord slow. The pull in the upper rpms is impressive, but all I can think of is the rod bearings. Oh, and the good ones, backordered right now. Rotor costs are twice as much.

The car has a lot of good, but its nothing I'd sell my GT for.

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
2013 non comp package so basically a 2007 spec m3. Anyways, I own a 625hp sc m3 and absolutely love it...but that's not the point. I'm also hoping to add a nice supercharged 5.0 gt or Shelby to my stable as well. Something about that mustang sound is intoxicating. Anyone who denies these cars as solid performance coupes is lying to themselves.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mustang GT is a lot of fun on the track.

osu13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sc bmw e92 m3, bmw 128i m-sport, 2002 CRV
I used to think the same, and still really like the v8 M3s. However, after my buddy got an e90 M3 6MT and I drove it, I don't feel the same at all. I drove it around, autocross and some drifting ;)

Low tq, as in over 100 LESS than the GT. Weight isn't much different, maybe 100-150lbs. Brake feel and power is NOWHERE near the 6 pistons, steering feel is as good if not slightly better. Gas mileage is terrible, utterly terrible. cabin is cramped, and because it has so little tq, its pretty gutless under 4000rpms. Get caught in the wrong gear, and it's honda accord slow. The pull in the upper rpms is impressive, but all I can think of is the rod bearings. Oh, and the good ones, backordered right now. Rotor costs are twice as much.

The car has a lot of good, but its nothing I'd sell my GT for.
I wouldn't disagree the m3 is utterly slow if not in the right rpms when in na form. Also, doesn't help manual gearing is a bit tall in comparison to dct. Brakes are not terrible but nowhere as good as today's standards. Gas mileage is shit..nothing to say there. But, the car is old and outdated. came out during the pre 5.0 days. I'd still say its a legend in regards to how the v8 operates...f1 inspiring and revs pretty damn fast. (the sound is also :love:)

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I wouldn't disagree the m3 is utterly slow if not in the right rpms when in na form. Also, doesn't help manual gearing is a bit tall in comparison to dct. Brakes are not terrible but nowhere as good as today's standards. Gas mileage is shit..nothing to say there. But, the car is old and outdated. came out during the pre 5.0 days. I'd still say its a legend in regards to how the v8 operates...f1 inspiring and revs pretty damn fast. (the sound is also :love:)
Yeah, thats the thing, they had a long life span, 2008-2013. Half way through the Coyote came out, and it was still live axle.

I was unfortunately driving my winter car (2008 GTI DSG on winter tires) and one of the 2 local and modded e90 M3s took exception to me going faster than him in the slow lane, matted the gas (DCT) and out barked a glorious tone, first thing I thought of was F1 car. It was by far the best sounding M3 I'd ever heard, but quiet when "off boil." He was getting on it most of the way home, would have loved to play.

I was really irritated that I got lazy since the Mustang had a low gas light when I pulled in yesterday. :frusty:
Sponsored