Sponsored

Anyone replace their euro sports car with a GT350?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
All new cars are made of electrogalvanized steel. Including American and euro. If the electro galvanized coating gets scratched or removed it will rust.
Thanks for the info, though I'm happy the GT350 is made of this material, I disagree with part of your post. The purpose of galvanization, is the zinc plating will actually "sacrifice" itself by covering over the exposed steel, preventing rust. If the GT350 is constructed this way, I'm happy. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Thanks for the info, though I'm happy the GT350 is made of this material, I disagree with part of your post. The purpose of galvanization, is the zinc plating will actually "sacrifice" itself by covering over the exposed steel, preventing rust. If the GT350 is constructed this way, I'm happy. Thanks for the input!
The electro galvanized coating can be scratched and rust can form. Trust me. I've been in the body shop business for 45 years. Also I have 15 years in the steel business. We're I used to work we produced this and many types of steel. Modern vehicles have electro galvanized steel with E coat coating that is submerged in a bath. This allows the best rust protection. But once that surface is damaged rust will form. No galvanized coating can keep rust away forever. Try putting acid on it once and watch what happens real fast.

OP
OP

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
Well, I sold my '16 GT4 and replaced it with a '16 GT350 and couldn't have been happier. I missed the GT350 so much, I just placed an order for the R to track with my GT3RS.

what did you like more about the gt350 than the Gt4?

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Well, I sold my '16 GT4 and replaced it with a '16 GT350 and couldn't have been happier. I missed the GT350 so much, I just placed an order for the R to track with my GT3RS.
Tell the boys on Rennlist - GT4 fanboys will love that :lol:

I'm not even surprised. For example I put my GT350 up for sale about 2 months ago and stopped driving it for 9 days to keep the miles off. Then one day I started it up and took it for a drive - immediately came home and deleted all for sale posts :lol:

It's staying with me until at least the warranty is up, i'll make another decision at that time.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63

I'm not even surprised. For example I put my GT350 up for sale about 2 months ago and stopped driving it for 9 days to keep the miles off. Then one day I started it up and took it for a drive - immediately came home and deleted all for sale posts :lol:

It's staying with me until at least the warranty is up, i'll make another decision at that time.
I got pissed at ford for a few things. I was intent on dumping my gt350. Drove a gt3 again. drove a gt4. drove a viper ACR. Drove a 458....

I even drove the gtm supercar that I sold to a garage neighbor again.

I decided that i was keeping the gt350 because it was so much more fun on the road and on the track. Its also heaps cheaper, even with my mod addiction and even if I need to pay to fix anything that breaks than any of the other cars i mentioned. ( although I do want another f430 challenge car).

The car stands on its own, in spite of any of its "nuances".

Sponsored

xeongt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reid
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I traded a '13 Carrera S X51 in on my '16 GT350 and also couldn't be happier! A few years back also traded in a '02 Turbo on a '14 GT500....and even earlier a '10 C63 in on a '12 GT500. So yeah guess you can say I've replaced some Euro stuff with Fords ;)

OP
OP

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
I traded a '13 Carrera S X51 in on my '16 GT350 and also couldn't be happier! A few years back also traded in a '02 Turbo on a '14 GT500....and even earlier a '10 C63 in on a '12 GT500. So yeah guess you can say I've replaced some Euro stuff with Fords ;)

interesting...although you were coming from a 911 so that makes more sense :p

the GT4 to GT350 switch that someone made is more puzzling:D

jakermc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I got pissed at ford for a few things. I was intent on dumping my gt350. Drove a gt3 again. drove a gt4. drove a viper ACR. Drove a 458....

I decided that i was keeping the gt350 because it was so much more fun on the road and on the track. Its also heaps cheaper, even with my mod addiction and even if I need to pay to fix anything that breaks than any of the other cars i mentioned. ( although I do want another f430 challenge car).

I may put my 430C up for sale in April. Let me know if you are ready to pull the trigger.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
what did you like more about the gt350 than the Gt4?
GT4 felt underpowered to me and was boring. The GT350 sounds so much better and just all around more fun to drive putting a big grin on my face. Similar performance on the track for 40K less.

You will miss it! Yeah, they can cry all they want when they see my tail lights and hear the roar of that exhaust!! Waiting for my GT350R is killing me.

Right on!

OP
OP

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
GT4 felt underpowered to me and was boring. The GT350 sounds so much better and just all around more fun to drive putting a big grin on my face. Similar performance on the track for 40K less.

wow prob the first time a gt4 has been called boring:shrug:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
wow prob the first time a gt4 has been called boring:shrug:
Mid and rear engine cars are a little too hooked up - especially those with small displacement NA engines. I agree that they aren't as exciting to drive as front engine RWD vehicles.
Sponsored