Sponsored

Transmission noises. Faulty clutch?

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert
I purchased my 2015 Mustang GT PP 50 Year Anniversary Pkg with 7000 miles on it on October 31st. Less than a month later (and around 800 miles) I noticed a chattering noise in when I push the gas or let off the gas in 1st and 2nd gear. At that point, I called the dealership to schedule an appointment which is coming up on Saturday (Jan. 7th). Now, I'm noticing it happening when shifting to every gear and when going in to 6th, I am noticing a clunk after it's in gear.

The vehicle is stock, now has 10500 miles on it, and is 90% highway miles. I have never used line lock or beaten on the car.

Any ideas what it is? Will the warranty cover this issue?
Sponsored

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you hear it also when you're creeping along in first or second and push the clutch in all the way with it still in gear?

OP
OP

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you hear it also when you're creeping along in first or second and push the clutch in all the way with it still in gear?
Yes. In the beginning, I noticed it when I was pulling in to a parking lot with speed bumps. I was in 2nd gear and would let off the gas to slow down for the speed bump and hear it. Then when I'd push the clutch in to go to 1st, I'd hear it again, then again when pulling in to a parking spot, pushing the clutch in, and coming to a stop. It sounds very similar to this (Not my video):

[ame]

OP
OP

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from the dealership (Due to snow, I wasn't able to bring it on Saturday). As per the invoice "TEST DROVE VEHICLE, VERIFIED CONCERN, FOUND THAT THE NOISE IS GEAR ROLL OVER AND THE VEHICLE IS OPERATING AS PER DESIGN AT THIS TIME".

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Mine does this as well. When pushing the clutch in while creeping it sounds like the whole drive line is stumbling over itself because it doesn't have pressure/load anymore. Very annoying, and you can even hear it 'jangle' around when not in gear and slowly going over a speed bump.