Sponsored

Microfiber Drying Towels

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
On all of my past cars I've always had good luck with drying with a synthetic chamois. "The Absorber" is what I usually used and had good luck with. I know that isn't "proper" so when I got this car I ordered a Cobra Guzzler waffle weave microfiber drying towel. I've used it a couple times but it makes me nervous. It isn't very soft, and when the towel is dry I can almost hear it moving across the paint. The texture of this towel almost reminds me of a regular terry cloth towel. Not that rough, but not near as soft as a normal MF towel either. It also tends to streak more than I'd like. I always use a leaf blower to get the bulk of the water off before drying, and I like to touch the paint as little as possible. The best results I've found are by drying each panel with the drying towel, and then buffing it lightly with a normal MF towel to get rid of the streaks. I have not observed any scratches or swirling, but the effort I have to go through to dry the car without streaks, and the fairly rough texture of the towel concern me. I've read almost all positive reviews about the Guzzler towel, but I want to try something different. What are you guys using, and who makes a softer towel?

Thanks
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Check out Ammo Hydrate to use during the drying process. I got microfiber towels from them but also have some from Chemical Guys. Results are great. Get the towel wet, wring it out, and add a few sprays of the Hydrate.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
On all of my past cars I've always had good luck with drying with a synthetic chamois. "The Absorber" is what I usually used and had good luck with. I know that isn't "proper" so when I got this car I ordered a Cobra Guzzler waffle weave microfiber drying towel. I've used it a couple times but it makes me nervous. It isn't very soft, and when the towel is dry I can almost hear it moving across the paint. The texture of this towel almost reminds me of a regular terry cloth towel. Not that rough, but not near as soft as a normal MF towel either. It also tends to streak more than I'd like. I always use a leaf blower to get the bulk of the water off before drying, and I like to touch the paint as little as possible. The best results I've found are by drying each panel with the drying towel, and then buffing it lightly with a normal MF towel to get rid of the streaks. I have not observed any scratches or swirling, but the effort I have to go through to dry the car without streaks, and the fairly rough texture of the towel concern me. I've read almost all positive reviews about the Guzzler towel, but I want to try something different. What are you guys using, and who makes a softer towel?

Thanks
I have quite a few different waffle weave drying towels. I like the Rag Store ones alot. They are very soft.
I dont understand why you would have streaks after drying? Bad water,Crappy soap,no wax,washed in the hot sun? Whatever the cause washing should result in a streak free surface without rubbing a microfiber over the dry paint. Not good.
I also blow dry 1st.When done my towel is barely damp.I think the Collinite has a lot to do with this.It's really hydrophobic.
I had a couple Absorbers several years ago.They helped produce tremendous swirls.I wouldnt ever use one now.
Good Luck.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I bought and use an electric leaf blower! Less time than towels or chamois. No streaks either! My wife thought I was a Nutbar as we live in a Townhouse complex! No risks of something in the cloths to scratch your surface!

Sithel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This was brought up in a topic before and I bought it about a month and glad I made the purchase. It's the Microfiber Madness Dry me Crazy Towel, found here: http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-25-x-17/

I've also used them all, chamois, absorbers ect ect and I find the Dry me Crazy towel to be the absolute best! I love it! Make sure you wash it and never use a fabric softer and you'll never look back. I do sometimes take an absorber to take up the pools of water and then come in right after with the Dry me Crazy towel to prevent water streaks, and do a section at a time but it's really not needed.

Sponsored

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This was brought up in a topic before and I bought it about a month and glad I made the purchase. It's the Microfiber Madness Dry me Crazy Towel, found here: http://www.carpro-us.com/microfiber-madness/microfiber-madness-dry-me-crazy-25-x-17/

I've also used them all, chamois, absorbers ect ect and I find the Dry me Crazy towel to be the absolute best! I love it! Make sure you wash it and never use a fabric softer and you'll never look back. I do sometimes take an absorber to take up the pools of water and then come in right after with the Dry me Crazy towel to prevent water streaks, and do a section at a time but it's really not needed.
Completely agree. I use them personally and at work. Nothing better, IMO.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thanks for the insight. I'll look into the dry me crazy towel
Thanks

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I'm going to have to try that one! Does it really work as well as it's advertised [MENTION=14689]Sithel[/MENTION]? I do know that CarPro does make some incredible products! Thanks! :thumbsup:

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm going to have to try that one! Does it really work as well as it's advertised [MENTION=14689]Sithel[/MENTION]? I do know that CarPro does make some incredible products! Thanks! :thumbsup:
It works better than i thought it would. With the large size you could legit dry 3 cars . Try it, you'll love it.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe

Sithel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was skeptical at first, but it does work as advertised!

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I use waffle style towels for my windows only and use Chemical Guys MF towels to dry my car.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Professional_Grade_Microfiber_Towel_16_x24_p/mic_507_03.htm
For windows and mirrors, you might want to try something like these. They work so much better than the MF towels. I won a different version at a car show raffle. I was so impressed I bought the Rag Shop versions so I had more of them. You know, typical with my rag collection/obsession. haha

https://www.amazon.com/RAG-COMPANY-...id=1468345482&sr=8-11&keywords=DRY+ME+a+river
Sponsored