Sponsored

Complimentary Oil Filter Wrench?

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So this popped up in my Ford Pass today.
FSA Title - Complimentary Oil Filter Wrench
Field Service Action Number 17B04
I'm guessing this means I'm entitled to a free oil filter wrench from Ford.
Sponsored

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
The app is down right now. Can't say if I get the same thing but I thought it was odd.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Are you referring to this Ford bulletin posted in Facebook? Don't have the second page or know if it's real.

According to Ford and another surprise, depending if you track the car, expect usage of 1 qt. of oil per 500 miles. No suggestion to buy a catch can....
IMG_0211.jpg

cattivo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geno
Vehicle(s)
17GT350
My message from the Ford Pass App.

Last edited:

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Are you referring to this Ford bulletin posted in Facebook? Don't have the second page or know if it's real.

According to Ford and another surprise, depending if you track the car, expect usage of 1 qt. of oil per 500 miles. No suggestion to buy a catch can....
It already states to buy catch cans in the user manual for if you plan to track the car.

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Dealer advised me the other day when they were installing the replacement oil cooler lines on my GT350R model that a oil filter tool and wrench would be forth coming.

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster

Its real. Visit your local Ford dealer service advisor and he / she should willing look it up and print you a copy. My dealer did.

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Dealer advised me the other day when they were installing the replacement oil cooler lines on my GT350R model that a oil filter tool and wrench would be forth coming.
A tool and wrench? Or a complimentary filter and wrench?

Sponsored

Cfirekirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I chatted with a Ford rep today about this. GT350 owners get a complimentary oil filter and oil filter cap wrench, as well as an updated owners supplement. This should be available at your dealer. She stated the dealers should have them, if not they can order them as they are showing in stock. If anyone heads to their dealer this weekend be sure to let us know!

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
I'm heading there tomorrow. The wife has some warranty work on her Escape so as long as it's not raining I'll drive the GT350

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Ford will mail it directly to you, and the cars still sitting in the showroom the dealership will receive theirs. See below...

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ok, so instead of developing a solution to keep the filter from coming loose (like a simple hose clamp) I get an oil filter wrench with the expectation that I will tighten the filter periodically. Do I get a jack and jack stands or a lift also? Now if the filter comes lose it's my fault. After all, I was given a wrench. What?!?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Ok, so instead of developing a solution to keep the filter from coming loose (like a simple hose clamp) I get an oil filter wrench with the expectation that I will tighten the filter periodically. Do I get a jack and jack stands or a lift also? Now if the filter comes lose it's my fault. After all, I was given a wrench. What?!?
No. If you tighten the filter properly the first time, you don't need to periodically tighten it. Ford already has a solution to keep the filter from coming loose...it's the torque spec printed right on the filter itself.
Sponsored