Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If this product does what it claims, it seems like it would be great paint protection. Right now it seems too good to be true. Is anyone familiar with it? Does it really work? How long does an application last? What do you get it?

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Ceramic coatings have been around for a while. I use Wolfgang Uber Ceramic coating. It will protect your car for about 1.5 years. Many claim 2+ years but others have said that number is very optimistic. I still wash my car regularly and use a detail spray on mine but Ceramic is the way to go IMHO.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ceramic coatings have been around for a while. I use Wolfgang Uber Ceramic coating. It will protect your car for about 1.5 years. Many claim 2+ years but others have said that number is very optimistic. I still wash my car regularly and use a detail spray on mine but Ceramic is the way to go IMHO.
What is the general cost of this?

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
There are TONS of ceramic coatings on the market.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, it was Autogeek dot com not Autoanything dot com.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
$1200 and up
I had my whole front end covered in a clear Suntek film also had my rockers and mirrors and it was only 1200. Not sure where you saw a Ceramic coating for 1200 but something seems way off with that price.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
I had my whole front end covered in a clear Suntek film also had my rockers and mirrors and it was only 1200. Not sure where you saw a Ceramic coating for 1200 but something seems way off with that price.
A ceramic coating in the $900 to $1200 price range will normally include "paint correction" along with coating the wheels, glass, door jams, etc.
Not out of line.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
A ceramic coating in the $900 to $1200 price range will normally include "paint correction" along with coating the wheels, glass, door jams, etc.
Not out of line.
They do the same thing with clear film (if done right). If someone is charging 900-1200 for using a clay bar, paint correction, and a ceramic coating I think that is insane but that's just my opinion. :cheers:

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Thanks for your comments but do you mind to go deeper on this? I have been toying with the idea here for a while now of using a self-applied coating. Based on the longevity of yours and the time it took to apply, would you recommend WG or any other particular products? Any other details/hints would be appreciate.

TIA.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Agreed. People want to debate coatings to death, mainly to justify their insanely priced purchase.

But can offer zero evidence it is doing anything at 2 microns thick; tiny fraction of a human hair thick. For the cost you are MUCH better off doing clear bra on the whole front end of the car and mirrors frankly. Some actual justifiable protection.

And just properly take care of the rest- 2 bucket, soft microfiber, polish occasionally. If you want to do it yourself for $80-100, that's another thing and probably worth the gamble. Not $1000-1500 though.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They do the same thing with clear film (if done right). If someone is charging 900-1200 for using a clay bar, paint correction, and a ceramic coating I think that is insane but that's just my opinion. :cheers:
Full paint correction and clear film over the entire car can run north of 5k.

I have both, front end wrapped and ceramic pro 9H over the entire car (including the clear bra). It extends the life of the clear bra and makes the car 10x easier to clean, just hit it with the foam gun, quick wipe around, spray off. The water beads so easily you can dry the entire car with a leaf blower. The 9H is supposed to be a lifetime application, if I start to see degradation I can take it back to have it reapplied.

Most of the cost (for both film and ceramic coating) is the labor. They had my car 2 days for each process

I thought it was snake oil as well, but they had a car in the bay that was just coated and samples as well, its pretty solid IMO

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Agreed. People want to debate coatings to death, mainly to justify their insanely priced purchase.

But can offer zero evidence it is doing anything at 2 microns thick; tiny fraction of a human hair thick. For the cost you are MUCH better off doing clear bra on the whole front end of the car and mirrors frankly. Some actual justifiable protection.

And just properly take care of the rest- 2 bucket, soft microfiber, polish occasionally. If you want to do it yourself for $80-100, that's another thing and probably worth the gamble. Not $1000-1500 though.
I was a skeptic as well, but I don't need to justify anything to anyone. If paying $1200 means I don't need to detail the car for 4-5 years I am more than content with the price paid. You can only cut the paint so many times (especially super thin modern paint) and even if you DIY, you are looking at tens and tens of hours over a few years time. I have done enough DIY detailing in the past, now I would rather spend that 3-4hr process every 6-12 months doing something else:cheers:

I have 4 cars, 3 without the coating and 1 with, and the ease of cleaning and end result is night and day.
Sponsored