Zx2reme Oxford White w/PP build

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Those WORK wheels are pure sex. Really set the car off nicely.

How did you find the BBK headers in terms of quality? I'll be adding headers this year and am already shopping around. The Stainless Works Catted headers are on my radar at the moment, but I see the BBK's are at an appealing price point.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zx2reme

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Those WORK wheels are pure sex. Really set the car off nicely.

How did you find the BBK headers in terms of quality? I'll be adding headers this year and am already shopping around. The Stainless Works Catted headers are on my radar at the moment, but I see the BBK's are at an appealing price point.
They look pretty good in terms of quality and the sound is good as well. I went with catted downpipes, so that cut some of the loudness. I couldn't imagine how loud it would be with the Gibson exhaust straight through. The Gibson is loud enough as it is. Really, my only complaints with BBK is these were advertised for sale, but were immediately on back order. I ordered them in November and didn't get them until the end of March. Additionally, the hardware lit they sent only had five header bolts that worked. The kit comes with ten, but five are for thread style for 11-14's and the other five are four ours. The only thing is the instructions say to use the ten bolts that come in the kit and six of your originals. I ended up just using my originals in place of the missing ones. The only thing I'm waiting on now is the harness extension for the front O2 sensor. They sent me the wrong ones. I wasn't as worried because my car has been down for all the other mods, but I'm just about done and ready to finalize the mechanical pieces and still waiting. Lethal Performance has been taking care of me trying to get it resolved. I am reassembling brakes tomorrow after painting them, then dropping car off at the shop on base for an alignment. I have a few cosmetic upgrades to do, then I'm finally done, so it would be nice to have the replacements next week so I can start getting it on the road.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Wow. Killer build man!

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
How much noise you getting from the solid subframe and differential bushing compared to stock?

Sponsored
OP
OP
zx2reme

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How much noise you getting from the solid subframe and differential bushing compared to stock?
So, it is definitely a lot more solid than stock. I haven't had an opportunity to push it on a track, but it is night and day when I get into the wife's car when taking bumps for daily driving. As for noise, I have that humming coming from rear end that I see others are having, but don't think it's from the bushings. I have to go in and re-torque everything since I have been driving around.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Love this shot. Looks like a lot of fun.

A lot of work went into this. The rear subframe looks great painted. I wouldn't know where to start. Good job.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So, it is definitely a lot more solid than stock. I haven't had an opportunity to push it on a track, but it is night and day when I get into the wife's car when taking bumps for daily driving. As for noise, I have that humming coming from rear end that I see others are having, but don't think it's from the bushings. I have to go in and re-torque everything since I have been driving around.
So its just good bit more solid compared to stock.
Would you say its still dd worthy or no?

OP
OP
zx2reme

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Love this shot. Looks like a lot of fun.

A lot of work went into this. The rear subframe looks great painted. I wouldn't know where to start. Good job.
The Sturgis Rally was awesome. This year is their 10th anniversary, so they are trying to bring in some big names from the mustang world. Steve Saleen already comes out for it. Can't wait for Labor Day weekend.

I was nervous starting out, but it wasn't too difficult from a technical aspect. The directions they provided were actually pretty good.

OP
OP
zx2reme

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So its just good bit more solid compared to stock.
Would you say its still dd worthy or no?
Yeah, I still drive it around quite a bit when weather cooperates. From a convenience perspective, I probably would have went with Steeda. I got these for free, so that's why I went with them. They perform well, just a pain to install.
Sponsored