Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)
Splitter looks nice!

Also wanted to pass a helpful tip along to others who might see this thread
When removing the dreaded 7mm screw behind the bumper clips it's beneficial to turn the wheel in the opposite direction of the side you're working on to provide more clearance but more importantly if you have a flex head ratchet use it as shown in the picture below and you will have the screw out in 20 seconds guaranteed!
image.jpg

iffiamj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM
Thank you so mch for this video !!! really helpful !

Sponsored

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
Looks awesome @SeatownStang I love the way the slpitter sets the car apart. Do you have the performance pack? Just trying to figure out how mine would look without the PP front end and the APR Splitter.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Looks awesome @SeatownStang I love the way the slpitter sets the car apart. Do you have the performance pack? Just trying to figure out how mine would look without the PP front end and the APR Splitter.
Thank you! No I actually have a non pp as well. When you order they will ask if it is pp or non pp. Their are some minor changes they make between the 2.

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
Thank you! No I actually have a non pp as well. When you order they will ask if it is pp or non pp. Their are some minor changes they make between the 2.
Awesome, thanks!

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
Do you have pictures or video of you actually installing the rods? Or of the install of the bumper?

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has anyone installed one of these themselves and are located in Florida?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

SorryOfficer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Installed my APR splitter on my non PP over the weekend. While it looks great and adds a bit of an aggressive look to the front, I'm baffled on how this is beneficial.

I'm noticing by a lot of the pictures, not just in this thread but others, that the splitter tends to curve slightly upward. Even on my install it seems like the splitter isn't angled correctly to create an area of high pressure above (in front of) the bumper. Which is what is ideal.

It's almost like the rods are too short in this package as well. Anyone take a true side shot of their splitter to see the curvature? I'm not new to aerodynamics and can use solidworks to simulate force on a modeled splitter, but I'd also need an accurate 3D model of the S550 (which I don't have).

Are most people installing this just for looks, or has anyone done any kind of testing and had any real world noticeable benefits?

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Do you have pictures or video of you actually installing the rods? Or of the install of the bumper?
No sorry, it's pretty straight forward though. I installed mine on the inside of the bumper. Just made 2 holes where they would come through and wouldn't be able to see them. And used the hardware to secure them in place.

Then align them so they look even on the splitter, drilled 2 holes and then secured them to the splitter.

OP
OP
Seatown Stang

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
1+ year update Update: I have had no issues with rubbing or scraping. Although I take precaution while going over speed bumps, down steep inclines/declines, and parking in locations with a curb or parking stop.

Also I have taken it at speeds of over 130mph+ (on the track) and have not experienced any issues at all.

On the question of functionality...I honestly don't think it will be noticed and should be treated as more of a cosmetic modification. I look at it as rather than spending $500+ on a bumper and having a shop paint it for $300-$400+ this is a great alternative and looks very aggressive. I have people coming up to me all the time, at car shows and at the track, saying how they really like the look it gives the car.
20160902_163253.jpg
20160902_163243.jpg

Last edited:

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT