Sponsored

GT350R Brembos now available for regular Mustangs

T-Bone68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP
Just showed up on Ford Performance Parts site, full conversion kit front and rear for GT and Ecoboost. There have been some other aftermarket adapters, but this is straight from FP. Levittown Ford site is taking pre-orders for $3530. A lot cheaper than paying $4k each for existing Brembo upgrade kits. Only downside doesn't fit 19in PP wheels.

Part number M-2300-Y
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thats a good deal via Levitown thats for sure. It looks like the 1/2 shafts come in the kit as well.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Would the knuckles come with bearings instead of bushings? Are the knuckles the same as what comes on the gt350? I have the bearings that come with the FRPP track suspension would these knuckles be an upgrade if they come with gt350 bearings?

As more info comes out, and members get this kit, hopefully someone can answer these questions.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would the knuckles come with bearings instead of bushings? Are the knuckles the same as what comes on the gt350? I have the bearings that come with the FRPP track suspension would these knuckles be an upgrade if they come with gt350 bearings?

As more info comes out, and members get this kit, hopefully someone can answer these questions.
I have already done this, just through fulltiltboogie.com

The knuckles will be stock GT350 and will have bushing, not bearing. The only difference in the knuckles is the hole for the ABS sensor is in a different spot because the drum ebrake assembly pushes the knuckle out about 5/16" further so they had to move the hole for the sensor.

FYI, as I mentioned doing this kit on the rears will push your tires out 5/16"

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Very nice kit...tempting for sure.

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

The knuckles will be stock GT350 and will have bushing, not bearing. The only difference in the knuckles is the hole for the ABS sensor is in a different spot because the drum ebrake assembly pushes the knuckle out about 5/16" further so they had to move the hole for the sensor.

That's. 312 of an inch I thought it only pushed out .270? Are you estimating or is this a serious measurement? Your calculations could change my mind as the one from FTB website link to SVT performance fourm will work with my aftermarket wheels and yours will not.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's. 312 of an inch I thought it only pushed out .270? Are you estimating or is this a serious measurement? Your calculations could change my mind as the one from FTB website link to SVT performance fourm will work with my aftermarket wheels and yours will not.
This is the number FTB told me. From what I measured its pretty close. I did it by eye with a level and a ruler though

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I'm waffling back and forth on whether I should do this. From the sounds of it, it's likely I would need new rear rims to fit. Currently running TSW Bathurst 20x11 ET 50 in the rear. [MENTION=8761]Jmeo[/MENTION] 's recent pics has swung me into the "do it" camp right now. Still, coil overs are higher priority for me right now.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT

Thanks for the info! I just figured being a ford racing kit they would include a knuckle like this.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-irs-knuckle-kit-1516.html

Not trying to start a scene, but I think its kind of sad that ford doesn't put bearings on the gt350 stock. The kit is still tempting though, I would just have to buy new bearings as I don't think it would be a good idea to push my current bearings out and into a new knuckle. I think they are a one time install thing, in my opinion.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info! I just figured being a ford racing kit they would include a knuckle like this.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-irs-knuckle-kit-1516.html

Not trying to start a scene, but I think its kind of sad that ford doesn't put bearings on the gt350 stock. The kit is still tempting though, I would just have to buy new bearings as I don't think it would be a good idea to push my current bearings out and into a new knuckle. I think they are a one time install thing, in my opinion.
It wold be nice and perhaps they will but that remains to be seen. My kit was put together by FTB using OEM GT350 parts so I can only guess FR will do the same. Not a deal breaker because you can pick up FR knuckle bearings for ~$70~ and since the knuckles are out of a box it's easy to press them in or have them pressed in.

Definitely pick up new bearing would be my suggestion

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Wow that is a good deal, sucks for the companies that made the kit and are now getting undercut. Was going to get the front kit from FTB but might wait and just get this set up from Ford instead.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that is a good deal, sucks for the companies that made the kit and are now getting undercut. Was going to get the front kit from FTB but might wait and just get this set up from Ford instead.
Out of curiosity, why? Not to take discourage going through Ford but pricing is almost exactly the same between FTB ($3795) and Levittown ($3,529.35). FTB has the spherical bearings, Ford kit does not. FTB has an option of red or black calipers, Ford does not. FTB is available today, Ford is not.

If you think it is bad that Ford is undercutting vendors, why buy from Ford? Not bashing Ford in any way, just sort of curious why you made your decision to hold off.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Interesting stuff...wonder what's he difference between this and the FTBR kit. Sounds like a mod I'd do, if I win the lottery.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Let me know guys when you're existing Brembos are insufficient with proper pads... I suspect I'll be waiting a long, long time. :)

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know guys when you're existing Brembos are insufficient with proper pads... I suspect I'll be waiting a long, long time. :)
:thumbdown: Don't rain on someone's parade. If someone asked for advise on PP vs GT350R conversion, then this is warranted.

I think the GT350R calipers look a hell of a lot meaner than the PP calipers. To each their own. I'm in the boat for new wheels regardless of whether I upgrade to PP calipers and rotors or GT350R calipers and rotors, so it is down to cost and performance at that point. Rather have the system I want from day 1 rather than tinker with one over and over.
Sponsored