MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
Sorry to be blunt but I think they should have named it STYNC instead.
The phone part of the software seems to work well but forget the phone apps like Pandora or Sirius app. It forgets about Pandora almost every time you turn off the car and I never could get the Sirius app to work.

As far as what you mention with track playback I have noticed that too and here's the deal. Playing MP3's off a USB and SYNC seems to ignore the track numbers in the file name and uses the first letters of the name itself.

For example, lets say you have a list of files in a folder such as this:

01 Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy.mp3
02 After The Cosmic Rain.mp3
03 Captain Senor Mouse.mp3
04 Theme To The Mothership.mp3
05 Space Circus Part I & II.mp3
06 The Game Maker.mp3
07 Vulcan Worlds.mp3
08 The Shadow Of Lo.mp3
09 Beyond The Seventh Galaxy.mp3
10 Song Of The Pharoah Kings.mp3

The first song that will play from this list of files is '02 After The Cosmic Rain.mp3' because the NAME of the file *after* the number starts with an "A".
The next song from this list that will play is "09 Beyond The Seventh Galaxy.mp3" because the name of the file *after* the number starts with a "B" !!!!

Crazy! If anyone knows a way to change the system so it won't do that let us know please!!
Thanks for the reply; that's exactly the behavior that I'm seeing. I checked for system updates and it looks like I've got the latest updates already. I hope they're working on something to fix this!
Sponsored

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Kim and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SYNC 3 soon. Kim will be your primary IVT rep, but I'll also jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. :)

Rebecca
Thanks for joining and for all your help in advance.

I'll be getting a 2016 Ruby Red GT PP when my lease is up.

The GT already has smiling with excitement and the Sync 3 is like a cherry on top for me.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Thanks for the reply; that's exactly the behavior that I'm seeing. I checked for system updates and it looks like I've got the latest updates already. I hope they're working on something to fix this!
Try turning OFF the Gracenote completely (somewhere in settings). That fixed it for me. Gracenote does SFA anyhow.

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
Try turning OFF the Gracenote completely (somewhere in settings). That fixed it for me. Gracenote does SFA anyhow.
I will give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!

:thumbsup:

sandbagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 kona auto
For the first time I installed my SD navigation that was a no go
Does not seem to find it then when I remove it screens say rereinstall SD card
So I do then it says no SD card I'm lost

Sponsored

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
I finally figured out what it is doing. If you are playing MP3 files on USB it ignores the actual filename totally and looks for the file property 'title' under 'Description' section.

So on your computer if you right click an MP3 file and choose properties, then go to the details tab you will see under the section 'Description' that there is a property called 'Title'. That's what SYNC USB media is looking at to sort tracks. (btw...MP3 files on a CD drive with SYNC do not do this. They read the track numbers from the file name like they should do. It's only the USB media that behaves this way )

You could manually go into each file and put track numbers at the beginning of the 'title' name but that's a pain in the butt. However you can also select multiple MP3 files, right click and choose properties and in Win 7 there is an item that shows up on details tab that says 'Remove Properties and Personal Information'. Click that and check off 'Remove the Following properties from this file:' and then select 'Title' in 'Description' section.

Hit ok and it will remove the title property only from all the files you selected. Still a pain in the butt but I might do this just to get them in order.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
@FordIVTteam

I noticed the Tech Pack on the GT350 comes with a Seven Speaker audio system paired with Sync 3. That's different than the base six speaker or Shaker 9/12 speaker systems that come with a GT. Is there any information on what kind of speaker system it is?

Six+sub?
Base Six+center speaker?
Completely new premium system tied to Sync 3?

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Ford IVT: will the sync3 systems be android auto compatible out of the box? If not, will they be upgrade ready? And also if not out of box is there any approx ETA on when it will get that support?

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Why is MFT so awful with Pandora over bluetooth on android phones? There is no interfacing between my Android and the MFT. All it shows is "unknown artist" and the controls from the MFT barely work half the time even when the Pandora app is already open on my phone and streaming.

Last edited:

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
I have a question - if anyone knows the answer, please respond; I tried searching the forums & couldn't find any talk about this.

Nav:
- During turn-by-turn directions, the navigation mutes the audio playing completely to give you the current directions. On other systems (like my Alpine in my other car), you are able to set the audio mute level (i.e. up to none at all) so that the interruption isn't so abrupt. I couldn't find anything in the Nav settings - is there a way to keep it so the music is still playing in the background while directions are being given (other than muting the directions completely)?

Thanks!
QV

Sponsored

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
That's a post from December 2014. Someone is posting a joke IMO. A pre-production unit in a 2013 SOHO????:cool:
I'll agree or maybe just a mistake in the SHOs mention of "Gen3".

IMO Sync 3 is just in the Fiesta now, from the factory and hopefully, they're still working the bugs out until Aug factory start up for the rest of us.

Good to see a group that thinks the new technology will be helpful.

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
I completely understand the reps, thank you, but am glad they are here for later and now for owners of the current and older systems.

I went to the Ford site, following the link they suggested. What I did find, not much, was that it will "bring the power of Siri Eyes Free and your iPhone".

Technology a few years old now and used in Europe in 2013 and increasing in the American market the last 2 years..

Far as I can tell this iPhone/Mustang connection starting 2016 might look like this demo dated video September 29. 2014.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]arkHknoKJl0[/MEDIA]"]Siri Eyes Free[/ame]

Cars_1959

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8
Fords SYNC 3 sytems Demo

From Ford MEDIACENTER, here is Sync 3 demos in the 2016 Ford Escape and Fiesta. Maybe this will answer some questions about the operation. This will be a product wide upgrade so this might give us an idea.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]EVdnbUEupW8[/MEDIA]"]Fords's All-New SYNC 3 Launching ...[/ame]

Conversational commands technology getting lots better with this

Shows Siri Hands Free operation .. very cool:thumbsup:

Text with all voice commands

Now if they would only sneak in another 10 - 15HP more in the Coyote:hail:
Probably not but nothing beats a failure but a try.:ford:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I guess the Ford team is MIA...

Capt_Vic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EB 50th Annv, 1998 F-150
I found that if I copy the individual song files from iTunes to the USB root directory, the songs are organized correctly and play in order. DO NOT copy play lists. That did not work at all. I went into iTunes, sorted my music by ALBUMS, right clicked and copied all the songs in that album and then dragged them to the USB root directory. I've got over 16gb of music so it took a while, but the songs play in order, and can be sorted by artist, album title, or by song.

Also, make sure Gracenotes is turned OFF.
Sponsored