Sponsored

Tip for PP oil changers.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
On a related note: What is the torque spec for the oil drain bolt?

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
18 to 19 ft-lbs.
Thanks! I'm about to do an oil change tomorrow morning is there anything special I need to know about this car? As in is it a straight forward crawl under and remove filter and drain bolt or are there components in the way that require removal first?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thanks! I'm about to do an oil change tomorrow morning is there anything special I need to know about this car? As in is it a straight forward crawl under and remove filter and drain bolt or are there components in the way that require removal first?
I haven't done an oil change yet, but looking underneath it looks like you have to take the plastic cover off that is below the engine. Shouldn't be hard. And rig up a "funnel" of some kind to keep oil from puking all over the place when the filter is removed.

Sponsored

S550_Magnetic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
Nothing special other than opening the door to the filter.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Hehehe yea, I'm curious as to how many others have it.

Sent fromaccelerator Phone using Tapatalk
Not sure if this is the same thing u have but sometimes when i shift into 2nd under heavy acceleration i have noticed a knock or ping,only heard it a couple times.Sounded like ping from bad gas but i know that was not the case.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
OP- your link takes you to the PG site, but it says the funnel is no longer available. But, Amazon comes thru again...

http://www.amazon.com/PIG®-Form---F...=1438777824&sr=8-4&keywords=oil+change+funnel

Thanks for posting this. Mine is on the way!

Not sure if you can, but maybe you can change the title of your post? This applies to the V6 as well (and maybe the V8?). I made a heck of a mess last week when I did my first oil change...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV