VMP gen2-r owner questions

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi,

I'm highly considering the VMP gen2-R, and I'd like to hear about from actual owners here. Anyone have this setup yet? How has it been? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ok, lets try again... does anyone have the VMP gen 2 non-r kit at all and would like to talk about how it is?

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yea I have the Gen-2 kit. It's awesome, OEM fit and finish and brutal torque, currently on 93 octane and 82mm pulley but for the 1/2 Mile I'm going MS109 and 75mm

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Yeah man that blower does look like a good unit BUT in my opinion, it will not out power the whipple 2.9 blowers simply because it's smaller. For more money the whipple would be the better option. I'd love to see some Gen2R results too other than just VMP's race car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greek6486

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks guys, the link above didn't work though for me. Seems like I'll be the first person around with the Gen2 R though, I'm hearing it adds a significant amount more HP with the phase one kit being around 800hp with it. I thought about the Whipple, but I think we are talking too much power for my street car and I'm not putting drag radials on it. Using 305/30/20 555 G2 rear now.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
What? Man you'd be fine with the whipple for a street car. Not hating on the VMP blower at all but you can grow with the whipple over time and it'd produce less heat psi for psi while also making more power.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I went with the vmp because I thought the whipple was ugly lol, and vmp can make 800+ too

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had both. Currently running the Whipple now and like how it pulls all the way through the rpms, expecially up top. The tvs had better torque down low. I'm making more power on the Whipple though with a simular setup as the vmp.

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I have the VMP stage 3 Gen II-R being installed right now by DuSold Designs. It's a seems to be a great kit. Can't wait for her to get done
IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3822.jpg
IMG_3821.jpg
IMG_3799.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
I just purchased a new VMP Stage II kit this week with the Gen II-R. I'll be installing it next weekend.

This will be my first experience as the owner of a boosted Coyote. But, I've said for years (and I realize others may have a different opinion), that I think the VMP kits is the ultimate daily driver setup. It's mostly based on the Roush kit which provides OEM level quality of engineering and manufacturing. Then they add the fun stuff. Upgraded blower housing, plug-n-play wire harness, BAP, etc. this isn't to say that other kits are subpar or lack a relationship with Ford (Whipple in particular I know works hand in hand with them). There is absolutely no debating that the larger blowers (ie. Whipple 2.9) willl make a bigger number up top. But where the cross-over point is, I don't know. How long does it take the Whipple to catch up? It may be too little too late. I don't have that data so it's pure speculation.

Overall, it's hard to beat how many very high quality kits we have available to us these days. You truly can't go wrong with any. But I'll guarantee, don't let the displacemt fool you, the 2.3 is no joke.

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Oh, and don't fear the front cover mod. The 15+ cars have a different timing cover that requires SIGNIFICANTLY less cutting.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
You boys post up some vids when done! It's hard to find much VMP stuff for the s550. And it seems like a no brainer if you're thinking about the roush, to go with the VMP...idk maybe I'm missing something:shrug:

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
I've noticed that as well. But I've been watching VMP for years now. Check out SVTPerformance forum for the most info. They use the same blower on the GT500s.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Yeah man that blower does look like a good unit BUT in my opinion, it will not out power the whipple 2.9 blowers simply because it's smaller. For more money the whipple would be the better option. I'd love to see some Gen2R results too other than just VMP's race car.
whipple and vmp blowers are not compareable. the rotors are diffferent. alot of gt500 guys that use the vmp/tvs/roush blowers can make more hp with less heat than the whipples too.

seems to be 6r80 auto swapped gt500s with a vmp blower is getting to be a fairly popular combo.

giant blower in liter size isnt the whole story.
Sponsored