Sponsored

Why are Guards Green's so expensive?

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I miss the Lava Red color. I would buy that color if it was offered again.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Because it's the best?

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Man....I guess it's time to put her up for sale then!:D

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Its a sublte and classy color, that really changes depending on lighting. On sunny days I am continually asked what color my car is. Not many of them either. Not a single base Guard GTPP in the country when I wanted to buy. Had to order one and wait.

EasyBeingGreen

Mustang Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard '15 GT Premium, 6MT, 20" Foundry Wheels
Didn't want guard until I saw it on the lot. Love it.

Mine is only the 3rd I've seen in the entire county, and the only GT Premium MT with the foundry 20" wheels I've seen anywhere.

I have been surprised by the number of comments I get on the color specifically.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Too bold?

f583547da1f55ad0b4a32471611481cf--new-mustang-mustang-cars.jpg

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Interested to learn that guard is more expensive than others on resale. It is my least favorite color on the S550. But color preference is a very personal thing.
When I bought my Mustang, my salesman asked if I liked the used Guard they had out front. He says most people he asked don't like the color. It was actually my first choice color, but went with Magnetic because they didn't have a new Guard at the time.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
An interesting phenomenon OP. Good luck on your search and keep us up to date! :thumbsup:

I've had several people comment on my guard tang. Everybody always loves the color, but can't figure out what the exact color is. Some say gray, others say green, I've even heard black.
I get that all the time, even my boss who is a Creative Director called it Grey once ;). Folks will straight up stop me from what I'm doing and talk to me about the car...Especially older dudes.

Any one know why Guard has been dropped and not even replaced by another green?
I read here on the forum that this color tanked in certain markets and they adjusted production to compensate for the lack of demand. I don't know the legitimacy of the claim but I can see that happening.
As for another Green; you got a Bullitt edition coming up in '18:thumbsup:

With that being said, I love mine.

35978357151_44238ab323_b.jpg

35978355781_d88b57e020_b.jpg

Clark Griswold

Food Additive Designer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Mustang
Took me 6 months to find a low mileage Guard GT PP 401A with Recaro's. Well worth the wait though! Guard is what initially attracted me to the car in the first place. I've seen one other in town but it's a V6 vert.

I would like to get my hands on some production numbers for the Guard GT's with these options. I realize they are somewhat rare, but it would be cool to know exactly how rare.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Its a sublte and classy color, that really changes depending on lighting. On sunny days I am continually asked what color my car is. Not many of them either. Not a single base Guard GTPP in the country when I wanted to buy. Had to order one and wait.
Mine's even more rare, a Guard GT vert with manual trans. I ordered mine as well. GT convertibles with a manual are rare, I've never seen another in Guard.

I've found that Guard is also the most subtle of Mustang colors. Yes some people see it as green and some gray, plus it does not stand out in a crowd. I'm ok keeping a low profile, and with the top up people have to double take to realize I'm a V8 Mustang.

Since we're discussing color I think my second choice would have been Deep Impact Blue. Not many verts in that color either, and I really liked it.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Mine's even more rare, a Guard GT vert with manual trans. I ordered mine as well. GT convertibles with a manual are rare, I've never seen another in Guard.

I've found that Guard is also the most subtle of Mustang colors. Yes some people see it as green and some gray, plus it does not stand out in a crowd. I'm ok keeping a low profile, and with the top up people have to double take to realize I'm a V8 Mustang.

Since we're discussing color I think my second choice would have been Deep Impact Blue. Not many verts in that color either, and I really liked it.
I love mine. Mines a premium guards manual vert to. Ill post pics in a few days.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS

I had to order my car too! Had my dealer buddy do a national search, and found only 4 California Special 401A cars in the entire country! I get compliments on it everywhere I go.
Sponsored