Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been lurking around the forums for the last year or so building up my knowledge on this new platform.

Traded in my 2012 Volkswagen GLI in June 2016 for my 2016 Mustang GT Base. Went in to test drive it and walked away getting a hell of a deal on a dealer error. Since then been slowly doing a few modifications here and there with the help of my buddies at Hypermotive.

Not new to the Mustang world, but definitely new to the Coyote world. This is my second Mustang, I previously had a 1990 Foxbody with intentions to go with a 460 big block. Short story, work got in the way of having time to finish that project so I sold it September 2016.

Anyone interested can follow my Instagram (instagram.com/darkenergy_S550).

Not Yet Ordered
Ordered/On Hand
Installed

Engine/Transmission
Corsa Performance Cold Air Intake
Corsa Performance Sport Catback
Stainless Power Catless Longtube Headers
JLT Passenger Side Catch Can
Lund Racing Custom Tune (93 OCT)
Boss 302 Intake Manifold
Mcleod RST Clutch with Lightened Steel Flywheel
Mcleod Stainless Clutch Line
Mcleod Slave Cylinder
ARP Flywheel Bolts
Paxton 2200SL Kit
Boundary Oil Pump Gear
TSS Crank Sprocket
ARP Balancer Bolt
Whiteline Transmission Bushing Insert
MGW Race Spec Shifter

Suspension/Chassis
BMR Performance Springs
BMR Cradle Lockout Kit
UPR Adjustable Motor Mounts
BMR Vertical Links (Delrin)
BMR Front Chassis Brace (4-point)
BMR Rear Cradle Bushings (Delrin)
BMR Differential Bushings (Poly)
Viking Double Adjustable Shocks

Interior
Modern Billet GT350 Style Shift Knob

Exterior
GT350 Track Pack Style Spoiler

Wheels/Tires
20x10 SVE S350 Wheels (Graphite)
(Front) 275/35 Mickey Thompson Street Comp
(Rear) 305/35 Mickey Thompson Street Comp

sdl0sp.jpg

vpk9ao.jpg

2u5uhzl.jpg

9jpw7m.jpg

256tgza.jpg

qspklu.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
darkenergy

darkenergy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Forgot to include this one, so September 2016 Hypermotive held a dyno day. I decided last minute to throw my car on the rollers with just a Corsa CAI and Pypes H-box Catback exhaust, nothing else. The car made pretty good numbers for being practically stock, rumor has it that the dyno was reading a little high at the time. Either way, it was a good baseline.

db43k.jpg

Last edited:

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pictures aren't working brotha, but congrats. Also, what kind of dealer error? (I'm just interested to know haha)

OP
OP
darkenergy

darkenergy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Pictures aren't working brotha, but congrats. Also, what kind of dealer error? (I'm just interested to know haha)
Dang, well I'll rehost them tonight.

So I went through a car buying service with my bank to set up the test drive and apparently the info that they received was for a V6. I showed up asking about a V8 and even got to take it home for lunch. Came back and they came in at well below what I was quoted via trucar value so I immediately agreed to the terms. Did all the paperwork and was told to come back next day to get the car detailed for free. So next day show up and finance guy pulled me into the office and realized they made a mistake in the pricing. Asked me if I was willing to pay almost double more a month which I denied. They came back a few minutes (more like 30 minites) later saying that I was good to go lol.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dang, well I'll rehost them tonight.

So I went through a car buying service with my bank to set up the test drive and apparently the info that they received was for a V6. I showed up asking about a V8 and even got to take it home for lunch. Came back and they came in at well below what I was quoted via trucar value so I immediately agreed to the terms. Did all the paperwork and was told to come back next day to get the car detailed for free. So next day show up and finance guy pulled me into the office and realized they made a mistake in the pricing. Asked me if I was willing to pay almost double more a month which I denied. They came back a few minutes (more like 30 minites) later saying that I was good to go lol.
Haha! No way! That's awesome. Glad that worked out for you!

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Dark Energy

Did you leave the stock swaybars on? How do they work with the upgraded springs?

Did you replace the shocks or did you stay with the standard ones?

Thanks

CVCashmere

OP
OP
darkenergy

darkenergy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dark Energy

Did you leave the stock swaybars on? How do they work with the upgraded springs?

Did you replace the shocks or did you stay with the standard ones?

Thanks

CVCashmere
Suspension is all stock minus the springs and cradle lockout. The stock sways are just fine with these springs. The drop really isn't much at 1.2-inch in front and 0.5-inch in rear. I'll upgrade the chassis/suspension parts after a few other mods first.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Definitely! I was surprised and haven't looked back since! Pictures were rehosted so should show up now!
Gorgeous! I was torn between metallic and silver. My last mustang was sterling gray, love the color. Great numbers too brotha :headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
darkenergy

darkenergy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just a little update, ordered a Lund Racing tune through Hypermotive to get this Boss intake manifold installed. Hopefully we can get it dialed in to get maximum performance out of it prior to going forced induction. A few other updates coming soon as well, stay tuned.

Here's a dusk shot from the other night. Thinking about doing another location shoot here soon.

33uyel5.jpg