Sponsored

wicker bill for GT350 track pack

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Saying that well the Z/28 gets blardey blar blar at whatchamacallit so this is a bout the same is not an answer at all.

Get back to some people with some definitive numbers or stop half assing things and telling people it will work. Might want to get us how much extra drag this will add as well.
There is a way to go about things, throwing around attitude won't help anyone.

I too am interested in numbers as well as an install guide.

Is the oem spoiler solid? As in will the nut inserts sit in hollow space or in the solid plastic?
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I got mine today. I will say the instructions are sparse. Especially considering you have one chance to get it right.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I got mine today. I will say the instructions are sparse. Especially considering you have one chance to get it right.
That's disappointing. I really like that ZL1Addons is trying to provide products for our VERY niche market, but I hope he is receptive to the constructive feedback that at least two of his products (the first being the front tow hook) now come with instructions that could be described as "sparse." Seems like that's an issue that would be a lot easier to address than designing the products in the first place was.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ok I followed the instructions and something is wrong, either the instructions are wrong or I got the wrong hardware with the kit. I sent of a email of a email.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Ok I followed the instructions and something is wrong, either the instructions are wrong or I got the wrong hardware with the kit. I sent of a email of a email.
From my own experience, I'd recommend calling him directly rather than waiting for a response to an e-mail. The phone number is on the ZL1Addons website, at the bottom of the page. Hope it works out for you.

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Here is the Z/28 one for comparison. The OEM one that is tested and produces 150 lbs of down force is made out of metal, that is powder coated black. From the photo above on the GT - the angle is not as "straight up/down" as the OEM Z/28 or the GS one above - so it will produce down force, but may not provide quite since it is laying down somewhat.
The down force estimate is about correct, but its used for the road course and not the drag strip.

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
Call us and we can help you 858 527 8727

OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
That's disappointing. I really like that ZL1Addons is trying to provide products for our VERY niche market, but I hope he is receptive to the constructive feedback that at least two of his products (the first being the front tow hook) now come with instructions that could be described as "sparse." Seems like that's an issue that would be a lot easier to address than designing the products in the first place was.
All you guys have to do is call us and we can help you. It can only go in one place on the spoiler. if you need help just call us any time. 858 527 8727

Sponsored
OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
OP
OP

SKYLANE765

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
z28
I need to see numbers. I need some extra downforce in the rear for Road America. I really don't want to go the R wing but I don't need just a few pounds, I need real results. The Kink is open again and the track has been very squeaky cleaned so it's a bit touchy now.

If you guys can get some real numbers at say 80, 100, and 120 MPH, I'm all ears.
I do know the Z/28 got about 150lbs on the rear at about 120mph that was why the wicker bill was added to the Z/28 after production.