2018 Mustangs now show up in dealer inventory search online

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
the 2018's are now showing up online on ford.com, this is for my area, phoenix that the link is for, just change for your area and see what is being built, unfortunately, mine is not scheduled until nov 30!!!

I looked at almost all the window stickers in my area and none had the active valve exhaust or Shaker pro audio that i myself ordered, so maybe one of those is the cause of my delay???

http://shop.ford.com/inventory/must...Radius=20&year=2018&fyear=2018&Order=Distance
Sponsored

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
There are 47 in my area with Active Exhaust. That number cuts down to 33 with both Shaker Pro and Active Exhaust. And I was only searching GT coupes and convertibles though.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Found one that has exactly what I ordered, only difference is the color.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Are people seeing their orders or are these stock orders only?

I am guessing that because it says "dealer ordered", it means stock orders?

I don't see my order.

I ordered my car back in end of August. I have had lots of problems with originally trying to get my '15 EB Premium (dealers not letting me touch one because "they are too rare and don't want them being beat up"), to they screwing up FSB's and ruining the car.

I complained to corporate, and bunch of executive assistants called me, and then I was pointed to the current dealer 50 min away. They were significantly better, and owner personally looked into my experience.

When he foundout my current lease was up, he spoke to regional ford rep and then told ME that I should order the car, which I did.

Despite this, he tells me now that he does NOT have the VIN for the car, and it does not show up in the 2018's under this dealer (mine is a '18 EB Premium, 201a, safe/smart in lighting blue with contrast blue stitching inside). I see a similar one but in red from this dealer.

Are others that did retail orders seeing their cars?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
the 2018's are now showing up online on ford.com, this is for my area, phoenix that the link is for, just change for your area and see what is being built, unfortunately, mine is not scheduled until nov 30!!!

I looked at almost all the window stickers in my area and none had the active valve exhaust or Shaker pro audio that i myself ordered, so maybe one of those is the cause of my delay???

http://shop.ford.com/inventory/must...Radius=20&year=2018&fyear=2018&Order=Distance
Nah, I had neither of those, but I did have mag ride. Mine is delayed until late Nov for manufacturing.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Are people seeing their orders or are these stock orders only?

I am guessing that because it says "dealer ordered", it means stock orders?

I don't see my order.

I ordered my car back in end of August. I have had lots of problems with originally trying to get my '15 EB Premium (dealers not letting me touch one because "they are too rare and don't want them being beat up"), to they screwing up FSB's and ruining the car.

I complained to corporate, and bunch of executive assistants called me, and then I was pointed to the current dealer 50 min away. They were significantly better, and owner personally looked into my experience.

When he foundout my current lease was up, he spoke to regional ford rep and then told ME that I should order the car, which I did.

Despite this, he tells me now that he does NOT have the VIN for the car, and it does not show up in the 2018's under this dealer (mine is a '18 EB Premium, 201a, safe/smart in lighting blue with contrast blue stitching inside). I see a similar one but in red from this dealer.

Are others that did retail orders seeing their cars?
You should go to the "Order | Price | Tracking" section on the forum, lots of us are sharing info there. And to answer your question, I think no one that has a retail order can get any useful information right now, at least not that I know of.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I have three dealers within a 50 mile radius. Only one had an order show on the link. It was a GT Premium with the Black Accent Group for $40,990! No other options listed. No 10 speed, no digital dash, no magna-ride, etc., so it is basically a stripped '17 with a nose job.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Still blows my mind many of these are like 50k. That still feels stupid high for a GT.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Discovered this last week...there's only 10 in a 50 mile radius and they are all either ecoboosts or $50k GTs. The Almost all of those are by Eglin/Hurlburt so I guess they're counting on those enlisted Air Force bros to go upside down on their next worst investment. :lol:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
It's gonna suck when the resale value/trade in is the same as the 2015-2017. But with everything, you have to pay for an early adoption fee. Prices will be down by next year and you will be able to purchase one at a more "reasonable" price.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I haven't looked at the real option changes. Aside from the engines changes where does the price increase come from?

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I haven't looked at the real option changes. Aside from the engines changes where does the price increase come from?
Just to mention some, For the premiums they have front mounted cameras for emergency braking, automatic wipers (probably because of camera as my wife's Mdx and brother in laws xc90 both have camera and auto wipers), auto high beam (probably for same reason as above), digital dash (usually have to be better qual as the pixel refresh rate can't be too slow). And any other changes to internals to provide upgrades (lane keep assist).

The auto wipers and high beams don't mean cars come with forward looking cameras as many vehicles that didn't have cameras before also have auto high beams and wipers, but I am noticing that cars that do come with front facing cameras all do also have auto wipers and headlamps.

The items listed above aren't cheap to install even if one can go aftermarket, and yes it probably costs Ford NOTHING near that, but why pass the savings to customers and provide upgrades at their cost? Their stocks aren't doing that well, I don't think they can tell the bhoard that they will provides upgrades at their cost.

Last edited:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Just to mention some, For the premiums they have front mounted cameras for emergency braking, automatic wipers (probably because of camera as my wife's Mex and brother in laws xc90 both have camera and auto wipers), auto high beam (probably for same reason as above), digital dash (usually have to be better qual as the pixel refresh rate can't be too slow). And any other changes to internals to provide upgrades (lane keep assist).

The auto wipers and high beams don't mean cars come with forward looking cameras as many vehicles that didn't have cameras before also have auto high beams and wipers, but I am noticing that cars that do come with front facing cameras all do also have auto wipers and headlamps.

The items listed above aren't cheap to install even if one can go aftermarket, and yes it probably costs Ford NOTHING near that, but why passing the savings to customers and provide upgrades at their cost? Their stocks aren't doing that well, I don't think they can tell the bhoard that they will provides upgrades at their cost.

Thanks, I feel like those should all be options though as personally, I'd rather not have any more autosensing/doing anything. I'm the style that feels like Other than engine management sensors and cameras are just making cars worse. Not to mention cost more.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Are these cars on the lots or just en route to the dealerships?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI