Sponsored

2018 Mustang RTR, 700HP (Spec 3)

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Enough with the glowing pig nostrils already! LOL

Seriously that's what it looks like. Don't turn a hot car into a pig face.

The light style is cool, but really needs to be applied elsewhere. Was hoping they would t bring back that regrettable design decision.

The decals look like they were meant for an older car as well. They don't flow on this.

But the power is good.

coupe3w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang FB, 2021 Mach 1, HP, Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Looks very odd. The front spliter is way to high. I'll pass!

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Vinyl decals don't flow with the body lines of the car. Look completely random IMO.
WAAAY too much going on.

Not a fan :shrug:.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Looking forward to winning this ride!

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I don't like it then again, I don't care for the 15-17 RTR stuff.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
hood decal looks like a car moustache and the side decals look like they were taken off an r/t challenger. take those off and make the hood vents body color and i like it.

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Nothing dramatically different from the original.

all they have done is tacked on stuff to the original body, even the wheels are the same from previous iterations (not saying that they are not nice wheels).

Looks OK in certain angles but I think most of us are waiting for that dramatic change/look.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Never understood the appeal of stripe packages....even on Shelby's. Mustangs always look better stripe-free........but that's why the word "opinion" exists........

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
2018-Mustang-RTR-1.jpg

2018-Mustang-RTR-2.jpg

2018-Mustang-RTR-3.jpg

2018-Mustang-RTR-4.jpg

2018-Mustang-RTR-5.jpg

2018-Mustang-RTR-6.jpg

2018-Mustang-RTR-7.jpg

2018-Mustang-RTR-8.jpg

Admin Note:
  • 3 Stages available: Spec 1, Spec 2, Spec 3. More details to come.
  • The Spec 3 RTR’s top-of-the-line package consists of an aggressive body kit, lighting, suspension, wheel, tire and engine upgrades that will produce more than 700HP.

Vaughn Gittin Jr and his company RTR has just revealed and announced the 2018 Mustang RTR.

The 2018 RTR package like its predecessor is specially installed by Ford dealers nationwide and receives a similar LED Accent Vent Lighting in the front grille, graphics package, a signed plaque on the dash and a custom aero package.

There will be three stages from the entry-level Spec 1 to the all-powerful Spec 3. While full details are yet to come, we know that the Spec 3 2018 Mustang RTR will have a more aggressive body kit, special lighting, suspension, and upgrades to the engine, wheels and tires.

Most importantly, power will be pushed to more than 700-horsepower in the Spec 3 guise.

As for pricing, our friends at AmericanMuscle, the exclusive distributor of RTR Mustang parts, have started a giveaway contest for a Spec 3 2018 RTR Mustang which they’ve told us is valued at approximately $65,000. The contest has just started and runs until March 31, 2018, with the winner to be announced the first week of April 2018. Entrants can apply weekly at AmericanMuscle’s Giveaway page.

We’ll be at SEMA next week to bring you live coverage of the 2018 Mustang RTR, but for now check out the gallery preview.
Sean,thanks for sharing.

Steeda tech

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
looks good but not excellent. I was hoping for something a little more creative with the front lower fascia. wheels are gorgeous, but the stripe kit is getting a little tired. $65k? not so sure.

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Looks great aside from the black decals. It might just be the angle but that one on the hood looks terribly awkward. Also, I don't think the lit up grill vents work as well here as they do on the current one.
Agreed. Would look much better without all the decals. Other than that, looks great.
Sponsored