Sponsored

Any appliance repair folks on here?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If there are any appliance repair folks on here - just looking for some repair info/tips.

Appliance:
GE dishwasher

Issue:
Not drying

I've already tried checking online searching multiple problems. I thought the issue may have been the heating coil, which seems to be the most common point of failure in most dishwashers. So I ordered a new GE heating coil for $50, then R&R'd it, ran the dishwasher and the dishes are still not being dried.

Also checked the "vent" on front door. On some models that vent is electronic and could fail to open. Our model does not have a vent system like that, it is just a static vent where it's always open to vent the heat.

I checked the obvious as well:
Water temps
Type of cleanser being used
Door for extra liquid "dryer" is not open or faulty
Drainage not clogged
Front panel button is on "heated dry" and is illuminated (all other button functions work).

The thing is, I don't have access to a service manual and don't know if the other parts under the dishwasher are related to any part of the drying cycle... and may need to be looked at or replaced. I tried looking at appliance parts sites for parts label breakdowns, but not having any luck.

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Is it a rotary timer or push button control board? Which ever you have is probably not sending the signal to turn on the heater coil to dry your dishes. Not 100% but could be the issue.
Sponsored