S550 Lap Times (Road Course)

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Road Atlanta in November is a good possibility. I'll let you know in a month or two.:cheers:
That one always sells out early, so plan ahead if you want to go.
Sponsored

info@trinityautosport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
6/16/2017
Road Atlanta | Novice Solo | JZilla Track Days
Lap Time: 1:50.33 (best time TrackAddict took; it froze most of the day)
Pads: PowerStop Track Day (F&R)
Fluid: Ravenol R325+
Tires: Continental DW 285/35-19
Track Condition: Dry | 80+*F
Suspension: Steeda Autosports
Aero: Velox Motorsports

Not the best time compared to what's been posted here but... I had fun!

Dash cam video of my last session that I didn't get any data for. It was hot and TrackAddict or my phone kept freezing halfway through the first lap.

[ame]

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2015 base GT PP
Track/Course: Nelson Ledges repave
Best Lap Time: 1:18.65
Brake Pads: Gloc R16
Tires (Size & Model): 275/40/18 Firestone Indy 500
Suspension: BMR Handling springs, camber bolts, cb005, steeda RLCA and FP toe link bearing
Other Mods: shift bracket

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 201 Ford Mustang GT Prem w/PP
Track/Course: Hallett CW
Best Lap Time: 1:30.00 CW
Brakes: R12 RBF600
Wheels: 18x10 Team Dynamics square
Tires : NT01
Suspension: BMR SP080, BMR Sway bars
Other Mods: Headers, 91 Oct tune, Konition wing, DIY splitter, velox diffuser
Weather: 80* 90-100% humidity

Virtual best between two laps was a 1:28.95, I caught a GT500 and GT350 and had to make a pass and still turned a smooth 1:30.66.

Sponsored

LSU Mech Eng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
NOLA Motorsports Park, 2.75 mile

Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2015 Mustang GT Premium with PP 6mt
Track/Course: NOLA Motorsports Park, 2.75mi
Best Lap Time: 1:58.653
Brake Pads: Powerstop Track Day
Tires (Size & Model): Bridgestone RE71r 305/30/19 square on Forgestar F14
Suspension: GT350R Springs, GT350 Front Struts, PP Rear Shocks, Bushings, Eibach Bars
Other Mods: TX Speed & Performance LT Headers, Steeda CAI, Magnaflow Streets, Brake Duct Cooling, GT350 Halfshafts, 3.31 rear in Aluminum Diff housing w/ Torsen, Watson 4-pt, Sparco EVOIII seat

Time set on last lap of last session (5) of the day in Intermediate B at 2017 Optima event.

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
Suspension: GT350R Springs, GT350 Front Struts, PP Rear Shocks, Bushings, Eibach Bars
Other Mods: TX Speed & Performance LT Headers, Steeda CAI, Magnaflow Streets, Brake Duct Cooling, GT350 Halfshafts, 3.31 rear in Aluminum Diff housing w/ Torsen, Watson 4-pt, Sparco EVOIII seat

Time set on last lap of last session (5) of the day in Intermediate B at 2017 Optima event.
How do you like your suspension setup?

LSU Mech Eng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
OKC,

For road course work at my skill level (I would call myself firm intermediate) the suspension setup has been really good. Car moves through the corners well with a nice squat coming out of the corners under power and controllable oversteer when wanted. It's also quite catchable on oops maneuvers like this:

For AutoX, the suspension was near perfect UNTIL I added the Headers and tune. The car can now carry a bit too much speed into some tight transitions, particularly the slaloms. This hasn't been too much of an issue for me, but for a more skilled driver it would leave you wanting...

On the street the car is "ok". It's stiff and bumpy as you would expect with the bushings but acceptable for daily driver if you are ok with "track" suspension on the street.

Hope that helps!

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
OKC,

For road course work at my skill level (I would call myself firm intermediate) the suspension setup has been really good. Car moves through the corners well with a nice squat coming out of the corners under power and controllable oversteer when wanted. It's also quite catchable on oops maneuvers like this:

For AutoX, the suspension was near perfect UNTIL I added the Headers and tune. The car can now carry a bit too much speed into some tight transitions, particularly the slaloms. This hasn't been too much of an issue for me, but for a more skilled driver it would leave you wanting...

On the street the car is "ok". It's stiff and bumpy as you would expect with the bushings but acceptable for daily driver if you are ok with "track" suspension on the street.

Hope that helps!
Thank for the info, definitley helpful. i see you are in Houston so we may run into eachother at a Texas track at some point!

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
Track/Course: NOLA Motorsports Park (2.75mi)
Best Lap Time: 2:11.351
Brake Pads: Stock
Tires (Size & Model): MPSS 275/40 squared, 19x10 6GR
Suspension: GT350R Springs, GT350 Front Struts, PP Rear Shocks, BMR SP088, BMR CB005
Other Mods: Tune

[ame]

Late to the party but decided I wanted to post this and have a record of it somewhere. This was from 2-3-17. It was a really cool in the lower 70's with a nice breeze. I went back out last month with new brakes (6P, SS lines, RBF600 and TrackDay pads) and could only tie my best 2:11 time. It was stupid hot and humid that day. Temps were in the lower 90's all day. I could def tell the car was pulling timing, running slower, etc. due to the high temps, especially in the straights. Just making excuses lol but hope to go back out when it's cooler. Also learned something new with the new (mo betta) brakes is that I'm now out braking my tires. I'd really like to get this car below the 2 minute mark but don't know if I can without spending some extra coin on further upgrades.

Sponsored

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2015 Ford Mustang GT/PP
Track/Course: Putnam Park w/10/10ths
Best Lap Time: 1:14.92
Virtual Best Lap Time: 1:14.22
Brake Pads: XP20f XP12r
Tires (Size & Model): Pirelli Slicks DH 305/680-18 Square on EC-7 18x10"
Suspension: RideTech Coilovers, new spring rates and front bar
Other Mods:GT350r wing, 3" Front Splitter, Headers and custom exhaust

This was the 2nd time there in 2 months, picked up a little time from last month. I think on fresh tires and no traffic there is a 1:13.xx in me and a 1:12.xx would be the golden lap. I spent the weekend chasing vette's and vipers. Ricky Bobby even made it by in his stock car. Traffic was crazy this weekend in the Red "Advanced" group we had cars running 1:09.xx to 1:59.xx and a difference in top speed on the straight that made things a little harry. The big horse guys were doing 145-150mph the little horse guys were doing 110-115mph. That is a hell of a closing rate at turn one.

Me chasing a proud C6 vette owner for about 8 laps:
[ame]

Me chasing an ACRx Viper for a bunch of laps, set my best lap time of the weekend chasing him:
[ame]

Dave

Last edited:

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Nice job! I was wanting to find out what all mods were on your car but I didn't see it after I finally got loaded up. It looked "stock" from a distance but it was very competitive. I think I finally got a 1:58:xx on the last session. I was running hard but still holding back a little as I had to start the Cars n Cones event on that Monday.
I didn't want to risk an off like I did at Vegas and bust up my splitter. Couldn't get close to Bryan Johnson anyway. Damn he is fast in the 5th Gen Camaro!

BTW the GT350 halfshafts are the same as the PP halfshafts. At least the shaft diameters are the same.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
BTW the GT350 halfshafts are the same as the PP halfshafts. At least the shaft diameters are the same.
There is a difference in the shafts at the joint, the overall length is slightly longer I believe. There is a thread here somewhere going over the minor differences. I know the PP shafts only made it about 4 track days on my car before the inboard joint on the passenger side shaft failed. I have had the GT350 Shafts in every since and no failures in 60 sessions, knock on wood.

Dave

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
There is a difference in the shafts at the joint, the overall length is slightly longer I believe. There is a thread here somewhere going over the minor differences. I know the PP shafts only made it about 4 track days on my car before the inboard joint on the passenger side shaft failed. I have had the GT350 Shafts in every since and no failures in 60 sessions, knock on wood.

Dave
I installed a GT350 Drivers side halfshaft when last summer when the inner seal went out. I ordered both GT350 halfshafts but only changed the drivers side. I carry the new passenger side one and my original GTPP driver side with me to events in the trailer just in case. I have been running the 335s Rivals for two seasons and even with 500 whp and they have held up fine other than the inner seal. I couldn't find a difference in them and they weighted the same.
Sponsored