RockStang

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
If it sounds like #2 then I recommend removing them. I pulled over to get ear plugs shortly after that video.

Before that track visit (on the drive to that event), it was much quieter. Much much much x 3 more muches.

I have never experienced a poly insert or lockout kit being much louder than Video #1. I'm not sure what to tell you at this point unfortunately.

As for fluids. I use Tim @ Optimum above. Have him set you up with a fluid kit. I recommend it regardless, just my personal opinion.
So I went back and listened to the videos with head phones on instead of on my phone. Based purely off of the videos it's definitely NOT as bad as video 2. Mine does sound slightly worse than video 1 but it's very subjective without being in the car.

I'm going to loosen everything up and make sure I don't have unnecessary tension on one side causing excess noise. I'll also try the fluid change.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am sorry to hear that your NVH level is excessive [MENTION=15798]RockStang[/MENTION]

Please keep in mind, all cars and people are different.

As I said, this was not about knocking a product. Just referencing my experience. I also said other cars can't be this loud recognizing that some of it is likely my car. I'm sure it's bad luck for me. I also want to get an alignment done. I know the rear cradle is not where it was before I started. Not sure how much that will help anything.
How dare you share your experiences on a forum!!! Shame on you! :headbonk:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
As to alignment, I just got one due to BMR camber bolts & 4pt brace install. My readout in the rear was -1.6L & -1.5 right before alignment, toe was 0.22L & -0,07R which is within range. I've only done the BMR cradle lock-outs w/ J&M aluminum bushing.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Just so I understand, this is BMR's BK051 kit? I have the same kit installed and ZERO increase in NVH. Have you thought about re-installing the kit with different hardware? While rare, it is possible that you could have clocked the rubber bushings in the differential attachment points, thus causing the metal sleeve housing the rubber bushing to get cockeyed and causing vibration.

I know about this because I had this problem the first time I installed the kit. Found out when I went to re-install the bushings and it was impossible to take out the passenger side rear bolt without using an air wrench...a ton of torque being put on the bolt from the bushing being clocked.

I also recommend double checking how the bushing inserts are sitting in the mounts...it could be they were not completely flush with the cutouts in the rubber when first installed (just saying...could be wrong about this).

[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], your thoughts on this?

Hope you find the problem.
Sponsored