SVE GT7 Wheels

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
SVE is LMR and have been doing wheels for years.
When you say "doing wheels for years" I think you mean selling wheels for years right? I'm pretty sure LMR doesn't manufacture wheels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chameleon

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
When you say "doing wheels for years" I think you mean selling wheels for years right? I'm pretty sure LMR doesn't manufacture wheels.
Correct. It was a reply to 'not hearing' about them.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I've seen occasional reference to certain rims requiring special (smaller diameter) lug nuts. Anyone know if these SVE rims (these and/or the 350 clones) can use OEM factory size lugs?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I've seen occasional reference to certain rims requiring special (smaller diameter) lug nuts. Anyone know if these SVE rims (these and/or the 350 clones) can use OEM factory size lugs?
I would doubt it, considering their other wheels require tuner lugs.

OP
OP
Chameleon

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Nice looking wheels.

The description is cringe worthy though...:D

"Bolt on supercar styling to your 2015-2017 Mustang with the all new SVE GT7 wheel! Designed to accentuate the body lines of your S550, the SVE GT7 wheel provides an electrifying look that's sure to turn heads! Each spoke on the split design slightly curves towards the outer lip for an invigorating look that can't be beat!"
:lol: Yeah sounds like something from the price is right announcer.

Agreed.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So does this mean you think they would not take standard size lug nuts? Sorry, I don't know what tuner lugs are?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So does this mean you think they would not take standard size lug nuts? Sorry, I don't know what tuner lugs are?
They have smaller overall diameter but the same thread size. Gorilla sells some nice kits available on CJPP.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They have smaller overall diameter but the same thread size. Gorilla sells some nice kits available on CJPP.
Okay gotcha. I knew the threads would be the same. Just silly to me that some jackwagon decided smaller lugnuts for the same thread size was a good idea. Why would someone invent that? Probably an artist doing the thinking on that one?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
If you look both MRR and SVE have deals that come with the lug nuts. I got black ones with my set from MRR. They are 19mm socket size.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you look both MRR and SVE have deals that come with the lug nuts. I got black ones with my set from MRR. They are 19mm socket size.
I was looking at the SVE kit and I could have sworn looking on my of it said spline lugnuts and it looks like a special socket. Looking at the mobile web page I see no reference to "spline" now. The diameter of the socket in the kit looks kinda small, makes me question if a traditional nut and socket would fit in the holes.

Last edited:

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
I asked LMR on their ig page announcing these if these were MRR wheels just rebranded. Surprise, no response.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So I called LMR and asked about the lugnuts. And yes they are smaller diameter splined nuts. They said the factory ones wouldn't fit. They said that traditional (non splined) nuts will fit, and mentioned acorn style. I half thought the OEM ones were acorn style? Also, those splined lug nuts look fairly long, does that mean if I end up installing typical nuts I will need longer versions because the studs stick further through the wheel? Probably just guesswork until somebody mounts a set, but thought I'd ask.

Anyway, can someone who knows about these smaller type nuts post a link for me on what to buy. I just don't want a special tool to remove all the nuts whenever I want to take wheels off/on.

Oh yeah, LMR also said the factory center caps wouldn't fit the wheels.

Last edited:

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Damn a copy already? I thought these were MMR's exclusive wheel for the S550. Is SVE a chinese knockoff company? I dont hear much about their products except for their replica GT350 wheel.
The MRR copies the Ford GT wheel, maybe LMR did too?

I can't see how MRR can complain about other people making replica wheels, when they make replica wheels.

Actually look at any wheel catalog from any two manufactures and you are almost sure to see a lot of similar looking designs.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes, the factory log nuts are big rig sized parts. I would be surprised if any aftermarket wheel could use them. Most certainly can't. But you can get 3/4 hex 14mm lug nuts that should work and avoid having to use special tools/adapters for splined style nuts.
Sponsored