Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S vs Nitto NT555 G2

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I am really disappointed with my Nitto Nt555 G2's in the rain. any kind of throttle and your spinning all over, very unsafe! Everywhere else they perform very well

OP
OP

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I am really disappointed with my Nitto Nt555 G2's in the rain. any kind of throttle and your spinning all over, very unsafe! Everywhere else they perform very well
Yeah I've read many similar comments about NT550s. I figure the extra $$ is worth knowing I have the best tires available for both dry & wet performance (at least by all reviews that I've read so far).. And I had Michelins on my 4Runner (which also drowned in the flood) and they were the best tires I've owned, so I feel confident that I made a good decision.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
It's a good decision, the Firehawk has a 320 tread wear, my S-04's 280 and the Bridgestone are a Max summer tire with a softer compound than Firehawks. See:E46fanatics review for comparision from 2016. I may buy 2 Firehawks to mate with my more expensive pole positions. I paid $195 a tire + balance & mounting.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
How does everyone feel about Firestone Firehawks? Those Michelin's sound great but they are around 40% more than the Firestones.

If they are 40% better I wouldn't mind!
So far so good with the Firehawks. Fantastic wet and dry traction. Compound is a bit more firm than the Pirelli, but I no longer fling rocks on my 1/4 panels. They seem to be far more predictable. Did I mention traction in the rain is fantastic! :clap2:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I honestly don't know why people worship Nittos so much, probably because they're cheap and typical scenario is spending money on expensive wheels with little budget left for tires (which are infinitely more important). IMHO they're nowhere close to max performance Contis, Bridgestones or Michelins.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I honestly don't know why people worship Nittos so much, probably because they're cheap and typical scenario is spending money on expensive wheels with little budget left for tires (which are infinitely more important). IMHO they're nowhere close to max performance Contis, Bridgestones or Michelins.
Because they are tough to beat in price for their 1/4 mile performance.

livewire2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
I don’t get the wet weather hate.

I have 315/35/20’s in the rear and they’re solid in the wet.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Not meaning to hijack the thread but, I bought the Mickey T street comp tires.
The first time it rained, I was careful but they performed much better than expected.
The p zeros would spin on the painted white stop strip very easily yet the MTs don't under normal acceleration.
They stick very well on dry roads as well. Running a Roush Phase 1 SC. ABOUT 600 RWHP.
I guess time will tell on how much wear I will get.

Sponsored

Orcinus1967

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
I ordered four SVE S350 20" wheels and I want to replace my stock Pirelli P Zeros. I have a Whipple Stage 2 on the way, and I have Steeda struts, Progressive springs (drops 1" F/R) , Stop the Hop kit, and F/R sway bars waiting to be installed. I was about to pull the trigger on a set of Nitto NT55 G2, but the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S keeps holding me back. I've had Michelins on other vehicles, and I was always impressed with their quietness and performance, especially in the rain. I live near Houston, and while it doesn't get very cold here, it rains a lot. I know the Whipple will be able to melt anything I get, but I am wondering if the Michelin PS4S are really worth the extra $$
I was a bit confused when I recently read Nitto putting out there NT 555 G2 as a 'wet weather tire". I live in the desert so I bought "summer tires" for my car.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
ps4s is the best tire ive ever had. I wont ever go back to nittos

Orcinus1967

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost
I want to try the Michelin Pilot Sport, to see if I notice the difference. What is standing in my way is the price.
Nitto 555 G2 $205 per tire, Mickey Thompson Street Comp $208 per tire, and Michelins $340 per tire.
I realize you get what you pay for, but damn! Thats $420 more for a set of tires!
Sponsored