Sponsored

Ford Execs lose bonuses over Quality

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Say what you will about Dodge quality (my friend has one.. has had some electrical issues.. Lol)

At least Dodge puts a 5.7 V8 in everything unlike Ford.. I give them props for that Lol. A RWD Dodge Dart RT 5.7 Hemi with a ZF 8 speed would be awesome.
Says "atleast dodge puts a 5.7 in everything" and then wishes dodge would put a 5.7 in something :frusty:

My father just had his Jeep bought back because after 2 transmissions and many PCM replacements it still hasn't driven.

If you want quality Dodge is one of the last names you should be looking at.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Guys, it's not just Mustangs here. It's FORD as a whole. Ford has some quality issues right now and the one that really sticks out in my mind is the HORRIBLE dual clutch PowerShift trans found in a lot of cars.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Says "atleast dodge puts a 5.7 in everything" and then wishes dodge would put a 5.7 in something :frusty:
Yes, ironic ain't it.. Lol.

I dunno, I really liked the Dart GT, I almost bought one.. I just want a V8, I'll take just about anything at this point. :D

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
When I was shopping for my car there was a challenger towards the back of the lot I was eyeing (I think most of us can agree they are good looking in general). The salesman says something to the effect of oh you don't want a dodge they spend most of their money on making the car look good while ford spends most of their money making the car work good (yes I think proper English dictates this say well but I'm using it for effect). It was something I already felt in a more general sense but I think he put my thoughts to words appropriately.

Don't get me wrong I love dodge. My dad has had a 2001 Ram since 2001 and it was the truck I grew up in so I have great nostalgia for the brand, plus I find their styling quite appealing on most vehicles. I just can't help but feel fords have less little issues in the long run.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Every manufacturer has issues. Hell most have the same issues that have stemmed from their vehicles for YEARS. Anything mass produced has this issue. Some just have far more issues than others and at a greater magnitude.

Such as Audi's/Many german makes steering problem. Always fun to have your steering lock you out while driving at highway speeds. Hell apparently tesla's are having this issue as well, and that's a MAJOR safety issue.

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Tell that to my Dad who had to upgrade from his R/T to an SRT, then to a Hellcat to outrun my "little 302."

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I think there is some sarcasm in the Dodge comments on here.

I am genuinely interested in how many dodge "Hemi" owners believe they have a literal "Hemi" engine. Its the same thing as if Mustang owners thought there was a literal coyote under the hood powering the car. AKA nothing more than a name. I bet a disproportionate number on here know the truth, since its a car forum, but in the real world I bet its a laughably small number. :lol:

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
All them 5.7 liters and it's still slow?

I remember when I still had the GTO. I put some really crappy rear tires on it that were just for me to do donuts in (some weird named ones I pulled off of a Mercedes) and on my way to shred them at the track, I got lucky enough to pull up beside an SRT4 Neon. He embarrassed me. Partially due to tires, but still! Then I just thought "It's a dodge".

Anyway... You can polish a turd, but in the end; it's still a turd.

I am a fan of all the big three muscle cars, but Chrysler has always had quality issues and their service flat out blows.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
R/T and SRT see license plates and tail lights when they come up against the GT. . .Beep Beep my Ass

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
So much for putting in a pool this spring.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Glad my 2017 came out looking great. Hope everything remains great after the 300 miles I put on her.

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
Say what you will about Dodge quality (my friend has one.. has had some electrical issues.. Lol)

At least Dodge puts a 5.7 V8 in everything unlike Ford.. I give them props for that Lol. A RWD Dodge Dart RT 5.7 Hemi with a ZF 8 speed would be awesome.
They have to cause their cars are so heavy and the motors are so archaic that they can't use v6 or i4.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Even the perennial "quality leaders" have numerous issues on par with or even exceeding the lower end manufactures. The biggest difference is how the customer is treated at the dealership, people are less likely to complain, report major issue etc. if the dealer/manufacturer takes care of you the first time(IE having replacement parts in stuck, giving free loaner cars). That and fact that most Toyota and Honda buyers are living with perceived quality that those brands earned back in the 80's and 90's not whats real today. I've owned Mopar's for the last 15 years and my current 200 is the only one that I've had major issues with, my parents and brother all drive Mopars as well and while my brother had an issue with his Wrangler those are the only two out of probably 25 cars in the last 15 years.

If they were priced the same I would be buying a Scat Pack Challenger but the Mustang GT is 99% of the performance for ~$10k less money similarly equipped and the aftermarket is 1000% better(less expensive too).

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think there is some sarcasm in the Dodge comments on here.

I am genuinely interested in how many dodge "Hemi" owners believe they have a literal "Hemi" engine. Its the same thing as if Mustang owners thought there was a literal coyote under the hood powering the car. AKA nothing more than a name. I bet a disproportionate number on here know the truth, since its a car forum, but in the real world I bet its a laughably small number. :lol:

Besides the Coyote being the code word for the project, it was really selected as a tribute to AJ Foyt Coyote Team
Sponsored