Sponsored

2017 or 2018 Stang - Decisions, Decisions

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Does the 16' have dual mass flywheels? Researched but nothing on ford parts description.

I'll test drive the 18' manual and if it impresses, i'll take it home.
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Always go for the new one but I wouldn't wait till fall if I wanted a Mustang now.

Life is to short.

Last edited:

Carnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018! Lightning blue looks great, even better in person!

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Personally my next mustang will be the 2025. It's the wife's turn for a new car next.

Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Yup. The hybrid system will have the bugs worked out by then

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
you could prob get a killer deal on a 17, if i was buying new right now, i'd get an 18 though

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
But just think a loaded 18 with all the new shit that we all want will be over 45k fuck that . I will not pay 45k for a reg gt . A 17 gt premium is like 34k right now for me a 18 premium with new gauges will probably start at 39 is my guess

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just to be clear I started this same exact thread the day of release muahahaha look three threads down -_-

Sponsored

350Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 C10 2021 GT PP M6
I'm thinking about ordering an '18 but can't decide until I see an order guide.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
It would come down to the numbers yet to be released. My biggest gripe with the current car is the lack of low end tq and the 6 speed auto that is very dated compared to what was in my BMW. The refresh very well positively address both those issues. While the front end of the 15-17 was too high and not sloped enough, I fixed it with coil overs and they made a world of difference in how my car handled. Stock the non pp gt was not a great handling car. Even if I got an 18 I would probably go with coil overs, aftermarket rims, and exhaust. What remains to be seen is what the new tq curve looks like, how the 18 will be priced, how well it responds to modding, and how much ford improved the handling. If the new car comes out with considerably more hp and puts up camaro matching performance numbers I may be swayed to trade soon, if not then i'l likely wait till the s650 comes out.

Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW M4
It would come down to the numbers yet to be released. My biggest gripe with the current car is the lack of low end tq and the 6 speed auto that is very dated compared to what was in my BMW. The refresh very well positively address both those issues...[......]What remains to be seen is what the new tq curve looks like, how the 18 will be priced...[...] and how much ford improved the handling. If the new car comes out with considerably more hp and puts up camaro matching performance numbers I may be swayed to trade soon...[...].
I understand where you are coming from as I have many of the same concerns/requirements. I currently drive a 2015 M4 DCT. It is a fantastic car in every way but I get vehicular wanderlust every couple of years. I would like to find a car that checks most of the boxes for the M4 experience but less expensive.

I was somewhat disappointed in my test drive of the 2017 GT Auto. I found the auto to be a bit laggy and it had a hard time keeping up with my driving style. I also felt the low end a bit lacking. I think that was a gearing issue. I felt very similar about the Camaro SS but it had the added detractors of poor visibility and poor driver feel (my opinion).

The current mustang is a fantastic car...it just doesn't give me the driving experience I am looking for.

I have high hopes that the addition of direct injection, 10 speed auto and mag ride will give the Mustang a driving feel that meets my needs.

Disclaimer:
I know some will say the MT is a different experience than the auto. However, I want an auto. I have driven both over the years and I feel like the auto is the better choice for me. I am happy to concede that the MT lovers out there are all better drivers than me and that the enjoy a oneness with their vehicles that I will never fully understand.

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I love my auto. With the different modes and paddles, I think it's a blast. My last Mustang was a 2012 Boss.
Sponsored