Whipple Gates Belt Squeak

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
For the most part it will show up as aligned, but there are 5 support stands on the back of the spring loaded/idler plate. These if pressed in just slightly crooked can crush the aluminum in the radius, and not let it seat all the way. This then makes the tensioner track at just a slight angle, loading the idlers at an angle, causing bearing and belt chirp.

The Gates/Dayco alignment tools are excellent tools but this should show up with the plate off and a straight edge.
Any reason why these support stands could not be pressed and pre assembled by Whipple. Seems it would avoid these complaints and slight miss alignments.
Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Any reason why these support stands could not be pressed and pre assembled by Whipple. Seems it would avoid these complaints and slight miss alignments.
We opened up the tolerance so its not a press fit. The press was only for installation ease. Now they just sit in there so its not possible to press at any angle.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
We opened up the tolerance so its not a press fit. The press was only for installation ease. Now they just sit in there so its not possible to press at any angle.

Can confirm. Installed mine, They no longer need a press fit. Belt doesn't sqweek here!

At first I thought my plater took a little to much off, But - clearly it was a design feature.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Excellent to know and thanks for the efforts enhancing your products when needed.:thumbsup:

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
So just to confirm there is now a non press version?

[MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] would you guys be willing to send me the new version and a new belt? Mine is chirping at all times now and it doesn't sound good.

On a straight edge or flat surface mine appears to be good but the chirping says otherwise

Sponsored

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
Please check alignment of the support stands first, more than likely it is off and therefore the belt will only temporarily fix it. If alignment is corrected, the same belt will be fine.
[MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] I tested it out and both set legs are a little off. Can you send me the new legs

Last edited:

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
I'll give a update on my belt squeal. I recieved the new bracket legs from whipple and put it all back together with the same belt. The squeak was still there. I went and bought a new belt and as of now there is no squeak! I guess the old belt got worn out from the bracket being off. Thanks [MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION] for the great Customer Service.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the update. I got mine today (thanks Mike!) but didn't get the chance to install yet. I have a feeling I'll need a new belt for the same reason but unfortunately mine is a 10 rib so I can't buy it locally. I'll update when I can get a chance to install them.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Looks like after 1500 miles I now Gates belt squeak :( Plan to check pulley alignment and then maybe rotate the belt?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
This is frustrating to hear this, a noisy drive system is not something I can stand. I hope this is an isolated issue, but sounds like more than a hand full have problems. I hope Whipple can resolve these issues with you guys having this problem.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I'll pay extra attention when I install mine

OP
OP

BLKONBLK2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Turn the belt around. Solved it for me until I pulled the Whipple off a few days ago.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Turn the belt around. Solved it for me until I pulled the Whipple off a few days ago.

Did your squeal ever come back? I assume you pulled the SC off to do new idler bracket feet and maybe new injectors?

OP
OP

BLKONBLK2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Belt squeal never came back after turning the belt around. I am selling my car so I took the Whipple off. Figured selling the Whipple would be easier than selling the car with the Whipple on.....

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Belt squeal never came back after turning the belt around. I am selling my car so I took the Whipple off. Figured selling the Whipple would be easier than selling the car with the Whipple on.....

Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
Sponsored