Sponsored

My base trim bumper has been damaged. Time for an upgrade, but first, some questions.

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey fellas. Well, my base trim bumper is busted up so I figure if I'm replacing, I might as well upgrade to something more aggressive. I definitely want the RTR rear diffuser but I know that it is only comparable with Premium trim bumpers. So here are my questions:

- Does any site offer bumpers that are already painted or do I have to take it raw to a body shop for prime, paint, and clear coat?

- Where can I get the best price on a Premium bumper?

- How many separate parts does the rear bumper consist of? I was on American Muscle's website and it appears that it is comprised of either 2 or 3. I'm not really sure.

- Since I'm buying the RTR rear diffuser, is there any part of the Premium bumper that I don't have to buy since it is getting replaced with the RTR part anyways?

- Are there any better alternatives to the RTR diffuser? I'd be surprised as it looks pretty damn awesome but never hurts to ask.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys. :)
Sponsored

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
Hey fellas. Well, my base trim bumper is busted up so I figure if I'm replacing, I might as well upgrade to something more aggressive. I definitely want the RTR rear diffuser but I know that it is only comparable with Premium trim bumpers. So here are my questions:

- Does any site offer bumpers that are already painted or do I have to take it raw to a body shop for prime, paint, and clear coat?

- Where can I get the best price on a Premium bumper?

- How many separate parts does the rear bumper consist of? I was on American Muscle's website and it appears that it is comprised of either 2 or 3. I'm not really sure.

- Since I'm buying the RTR rear diffuser, is there any part of the Premium bumper that I don't have to buy since it is getting replaced with the RTR part anyways?

- Are there any better alternatives to the RTR diffuser? I'd be surprised as it looks pretty damn awesome but never hurts to ask.

Thanks in advance for all the help guys. :)

I think I can be of some assistance. I have a premium GT, I'm part of a nationwide Mustang club with a couple members that have done the base to premium swap, and I work for Need4Speed Motorsports.

-most places that sell bumpers will offer it unpainted AND painted

-Levittown Ford is probably your best bet for the cheapest OE bumper if it needs to be completely replaced. Here's a link to the thread in the forums: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8684&highlight=levittown+ford

-both bumpers are one piece. Even if you go with the RTR rear diffuser you will need to get in there with a dremel and cut the premium bumper to accomodate the new RTR piece. Also since it's one piece you won't be able to save money by not buying a part of the premium bumper.

-some alternatives to the RTR diffuser are going with something custom from Kyle Farmar (@farmuh on Instagram), MMD's rear diffuser for the non premium bumper, OR you could opt for something from Anderson Composites which we offer through Need4Speed ;)

Last edited:

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
You'll want to check out the Premium vs Base bumper thread in this sub-forum. It's full of information.

The conversion is 2 pieces. The premium rear bumper, and the rear valence. If you go RTR, you'll need both pieces. If you go with a replacement valence(Anderson, Roush, GT350), you won't need to purchase the OEM valence. You will need to trim part of your Premium bumper to fit the RTR diffuser, and I believe for the other valences as well.

I did my conversion a few months ago, and have zero regrets. I purchased from Levittown and had it painted locally. Did the install myself. If you find the Roush diffuser installation video I think by CJPonyParts, you'll get a step by step guide of removing everything, and re-installing.

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@ BRYN@N4SM and Aarron_M

Thanks for all the info guys; It's much appreciated. Do either of you know where I can purchase a pre-painted bumper from? I'd rather get it prepainted than mess about getting it painted locally. Thanks again, fellas.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Now would be the perfect time to get a quad valance and exhaust if you're into that sort of thing. Roush rear valance is only $250.

Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I did the same conversion your looking to do, definitely check out the thread that Arron mentioned.

I also purchased my premium bumper/valance from Levittown Ford, as it was equal to the best price I found on the net at the time (about a year ago), and the RTR diffuser from American Muscle

I purchased the bumper and the valance, as you still need the valance to go with RTR diffuser. The RTR diffuser snaps in place directly to the stock valance.
The diffuser that comes attached to the premium bumper has to be cut off so the RTR will snap in place
Premium bumper and  RTR Diffuser.jpg

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I ordered a new painted take off from EBay. Paint matched perfect. But it is only white. A lot of times they accept offers. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Now would be the perfect time to get a quad valance and exhaust if you're into that sort of thing. Roush rear valance is only $250.
I was thinking about that too but I really like the RTR diffuser and I'll likely be staying dual exhaust when I get my Corsa setup. It is something to keep in mind though.

I did the same conversion your looking to do, definitely check out the thread that Arron mentioned.

I also purchased my premium bumper/valance from Levittown Ford, as it was equal to the best price I found on the net at the time (about a year ago), and the RTR diffuser from American Muscle

I purchased the bumper and the valance, as you still need the valance to go with RTR diffuser. The RTR diffuser snaps in place directly to the stock valance.
The diffuser that comes attached to the premium bumper has to be cut off so the RTR will snap in place
Do you happen to remember how much Levittown charges for the premium bumper? It's a pretty pricey upgrade since I also have to get the bumper painted but it is what it is.

I ordered a new painted take off from EBay. Paint matched perfect. But it is only white. A lot of times they accept offers. :thumbsup:
I've been searching eBay for months for a pre-painted premium bumpers but no luck. :shrug:

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Wow, they have it for cheap! Compared to what I've seen other sites list the bumper for, WITHOUT the valance, their price is a steal. The premium bumper and valance for under $400 seems pretty damn good to me and since I doubt I'll find that combo for any less elsewhere, I'll just buy it from them.

Thanks a lot, man; I Really appreciate the link.
they beat you over the head with shipping depending on you location.

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
they beat you over the head with shipping depending on you location.
Oh oh, I hope not. They are in NY and I, like you, are in NJ so hopefully they don't get ridiculous with the shipping since I'm only one state over.

Did you buy something from them and got blindsided with shipping costs?

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Oh oh, I hope not. They are in NY and I, like you, are in NJ so hopefully they don't get ridiculous with the shipping since I'm only one state over.

Did you buy something from them and got blindsided with shipping costs?
I bought the GT350 Valance but the shipping was only $32.00.
I just plugged-in your premium valance kit and the shipping is $276.78 through Fedex, which tells me their making up the difference in the shipping cost.

OP
OP
Less Weight

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I bought the GT350 Valance but the shipping was only $32.00.
I just plugged-in your premium valance kit and the shipping is $276.78 through Fedex, which tells me their making up the difference in the shipping cost.
Ouch! If something looks too good to be true, it probably is... Oh well, What can you do. I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the going rate.

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Ouch! If something looks too good to be true, it probably is... Oh well, What can you do. I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay the going rate.
How far are you from them? Might be worth the trip to save the $276

3195 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown, NY 11756
Sponsored