Sponsored

2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Media Drives & Reviews (CHECK FIRST POST)

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I can do much better too, on the Xbox One, but in real life, probably do the same thing. Everyone is Michael Schumacher behind their keyboard, but hand them the key to a new GT350R, on a track you are not familiar with, surrounded by big wigs from Ford telling you not to fuck it up, and everyone is watching you, and your day job is to write, not drive for a living, and I think you probably do the same thing.
Nah. :headbang:

I own sports cars because I am an above average real world driver. I go all the way back to racing in Mickey Thompson dirt circuits before he was murdered... In fact, every car I own I take to the track to learn the quirks it has and find the limits. Then and only then do I consider my self ready to drive the vehicle successfully. That said I really enjoy track days. I steer with the rear, and "Guide" with the steering... :cheers:

I have no problem with journalist. The problem I have is an inexperienced driver getting the keys to a high performance vehicle.

That is my opinion, not suggesting anyone else agree with it.
Sponsored

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Regarding the "low 1:30s" statement, from the article author Henry Payne himself when I asked where the info came from, "On the QT from some top drivers who have flogged the GT350 around Laguna. Sure to be confirmed as the nut mags get offical times from their pro hot shoes like Randy Pobst . . ."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Regarding the "low 1:30s" statement, from the article author Henry Payne himself when I asked where the info came from, "On the QT from some top drivers who have flogged the GT350 around Laguna. Sure to be confirmed as the nut mags get offical times from their pro hot shoes like Randy Pobst . . ."

good info thanks. makes me look forward to MT's review even more.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

still don't believe it'll run 1:33 or less, which is probably a solid definition for 'low 1:30's'.
if it does, well then damn. if it doesn't, still damn..the car's rad.

Sponsored

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
still don't believe it'll run 1:33 or less, which is probably a solid definition for 'low 1:30's'.
if it does, well then damn. if it doesn't, still damn..the car's rad.
Our 2007 Corvette SCCA World Challenge car turned a 1.28 I believe at the time on shaved Toyo RA1's. So if it's 5 seconds slower as a full street at that's damn impressive.

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I don't know about the low 1:30's but then again I was shocked with the performance this car has after experiencing it today.

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Having just returned home from having driven the GT350R myself, I can personally attest, as the Germans might say, "Das ist ein scheiße heiß Rennwagen!"

The rear end was SO planted, and so difficult to break loose, it hardly seemed like it could be a Mustang. What a car. What a sound.

But most of all, the extent to which the car makes one a better driver is remarkable.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Not sure who it was but a guy talking with our group last evening said about 8 seconds faster than Boss LS at Laguna, 4-5 seconds faster than GT500. For what that's worth who knows.

Edit - hope I can get a 2016 R without ADM by end of next year. It may be a 17' for me though since we plan on a custom house being done by August.

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Not sure who it was but a guy talking with our group last evening said about 8 seconds faster than Boss LS at Laguna, 4-5 seconds faster than GT500. For what that's worth who knows.

Edit - hope I can get a 2016 R without ADM by end of next year. It may be a 17' for me though since we plan on a custom house being done by August.
First, get your priorities straight. In a pinch, you always can live out of your car. There's no way in hell to drive a house through The Corkscrew.

Second, someone's numbers are all mixed up. On a road course, even a regular BOSS will be several seconds faster than a GT500 - which nevertheless is a bit of a wayward pig around a track no matter how much fun or well-sorted the back end may be.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^ Good vid there from TFLCar. Nice driving lines at LS too! :thumbsup:

Schilling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Great video

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Omg!!! Just watched that clip! So funny, yet so sad!!! Nobody wants to be that guy. His skin went from white to red real quick.
What are you guys referring to? :shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase